Davao City – Two of University of Mindanao finest karatekas will see action in the coming first Karate Pilipinas Sports Federation Incorporated National Finals set this May 3 to 5 at the Philsports Arena in Pasig City.
2019 Karate Pilipinas Incorporated Regional Championships gold medalists Jammel Taunan and Shinji Rex Tacay will be among the eight-man team which will banner Karate Pilipinas Sports Federation Incorporated Region XI.
“Both will see action in the kumite events,” said UM Karatedo team assistant coach Ella Ray Quiocho referring to Taunan who will compete in the -60kgs and Tacay in the +84kgs weight classes.
Aside from their recent golden feats, Taunan also had two gold medals in last year’s National PRISAA held in Tagbilaran, Bohol while Tacay duplicated that feat by also winning to gold medals plus an MVP honor in the men’s division.
Joining both for team KPSFI-Region XI are Atsuko Kaiyel Tan, Sofia Agullo, Ian Pascual, Aldren Solon, Gab Quinones and Sam Cartagena.
“We have a lean but mean line-up for the nationals. We hope to bring home medals,” said Karate Pilipinas Sports Federation Incorporated regional director Rommel Tan.
- Responder drowns
- HONORING MY MOTHER: Going your own way
- ROUGH CUTS| What’s behind Mayor Baste’s silence?
- Davao ICon 2023 showcases the region’s finest
- BJMP XI offers free rides every Thursdays this month
- FORTY-SOMETHING FIRST-TIME MOM | Confessions of an angry mama
- EGALITARIAN: Nano industry and spectrum of industries
- Globe Group shares story of purpose-led transformation in UN’s Vision 2045 documentary series
- Davao Light energizes four sitios in Davao del Norte
- Full confidence