Davao City – Two of University of Mindanao finest karatekas will see action in the coming first Karate Pilipinas Sports Federation Incorporated National Finals set this May 3 to 5 at the Philsports Arena in Pasig City.
2019 Karate Pilipinas Incorporated Regional Championships gold medalists Jammel Taunan and Shinji Rex Tacay will be among the eight-man team which will banner Karate Pilipinas Sports Federation Incorporated Region XI.
“Both will see action in the kumite events,” said UM Karatedo team assistant coach Ella Ray Quiocho referring to Taunan who will compete in the -60kgs and Tacay in the +84kgs weight classes.
Aside from their recent golden feats, Taunan also had two gold medals in last year’s National PRISAA held in Tagbilaran, Bohol while Tacay duplicated that feat by also winning to gold medals plus an MVP honor in the men’s division.
Joining both for team KPSFI-Region XI are Atsuko Kaiyel Tan, Sofia Agullo, Ian Pascual, Aldren Solon, Gab Quinones and Sam Cartagena.
“We have a lean but mean line-up for the nationals. We hope to bring home medals,” said Karate Pilipinas Sports Federation Incorporated regional director Rommel Tan.
- ROUGH CUTS | Run that nuclear power plant
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – MAY 25, 2022
- DTI 11 urges consumers to help in monitoring new SRPs
- SCENE CITY | Pidoks blesses fourth branch
- WANDERLUST | DA, NCCA, DOT lead Filipino Food Month celebration
- Next admin told | Build Samal bridge to improve DavNor power
- Tagum City sets record for most biodiverse observations
- CCCs offer free swabbing, teleconsultation services
- ‘Multi-layered security plan’ readied for Sara’s oathtaking
- City still enjoys low rates for COVID, 2 weeks after polls