Davao City – Two of University of Mindanao finest karatekas will see action in the coming first Karate Pilipinas Sports Federation Incorporated National Finals set this May 3 to 5 at the Philsports Arena in Pasig City.
2019 Karate Pilipinas Incorporated Regional Championships gold medalists Jammel Taunan and Shinji Rex Tacay will be among the eight-man team which will banner Karate Pilipinas Sports Federation Incorporated Region XI.
“Both will see action in the kumite events,” said UM Karatedo team assistant coach Ella Ray Quiocho referring to Taunan who will compete in the -60kgs and Tacay in the +84kgs weight classes.
Aside from their recent golden feats, Taunan also had two gold medals in last year’s National PRISAA held in Tagbilaran, Bohol while Tacay duplicated that feat by also winning to gold medals plus an MVP honor in the men’s division.
Joining both for team KPSFI-Region XI are Atsuko Kaiyel Tan, Sofia Agullo, Ian Pascual, Aldren Solon, Gab Quinones and Sam Cartagena.
“We have a lean but mean line-up for the nationals. We hope to bring home medals,” said Karate Pilipinas Sports Federation Incorporated regional director Rommel Tan.
- GUEST EDITORIAL | A tribute to Fr. Swamy
- PARADIGM SHIFT | A New Geopolitical Paradigm Between Iran and China
- ROUGH CUTS | We need to restrain our ‘horses’
- COVID vaccination hotlines to receive calls from seniors
- 5 NPA rebels surrender in SK
- 2 nabbed for illegal substances
- MEDICAL LEAVE | Mayor Duterte in Singapore
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 8, 2021
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 7, 2021
- NCCC offers more ways to shop online