Davao City – Two of University of Mindanao finest karatekas will see action in the coming first Karate Pilipinas Sports Federation Incorporated National Finals set this May 3 to 5 at the Philsports Arena in Pasig City.
2019 Karate Pilipinas Incorporated Regional Championships gold medalists Jammel Taunan and Shinji Rex Tacay will be among the eight-man team which will banner Karate Pilipinas Sports Federation Incorporated Region XI.
“Both will see action in the kumite events,” said UM Karatedo team assistant coach Ella Ray Quiocho referring to Taunan who will compete in the -60kgs and Tacay in the +84kgs weight classes.
Aside from their recent golden feats, Taunan also had two gold medals in last year’s National PRISAA held in Tagbilaran, Bohol while Tacay duplicated that feat by also winning to gold medals plus an MVP honor in the men’s division.
Joining both for team KPSFI-Region XI are Atsuko Kaiyel Tan, Sofia Agullo, Ian Pascual, Aldren Solon, Gab Quinones and Sam Cartagena.
“We have a lean but mean line-up for the nationals. We hope to bring home medals,” said Karate Pilipinas Sports Federation Incorporated regional director Rommel Tan.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | May be it’s time for the SP to probe
- Former NPA rebel pinpoints location of buried weapons
- Drug suspect killed during buy-bust
- Simulation exercise vs. terror inside public school a success
- City joins Lunhaw Expo
- Davao de Oro Police Office hailed as best in Davao Region
- 14 barangays declared free of illegal drugs
- UPDATED PROMISE | Official: Bulk water project to start operations in March
- MAD Talks presents: Sa Ngayon, Padayon