A logistic company urged small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in the city to take advantage of the newly-passed Ease of Doing Business and Efficient Government Service Delivery Act of 2018 by looking for new markets.
“The export market is actually very positive for the Philippines right now; we have seen growth over the last few years. The great thing is, not just Davao but other areas within the Philippines are really working to make it easier to do business for foreign companies,” said Chris Buono, United Parcel Service (UPS) Philippines and Indonesia managing director, during its exporting workshop for SMEs on Friday.
Buono said the new law will help SMEs group exponentially and can tap into the emerging e-commerce mechanism which allows them to reach their targeted market with both minimal capital expenses and in shorter period of time.
“You have things like bananas, coconuts and chocolates which are some of the bigger exports from Davao. Finding strategic partners in destination countries where you can bring your product to, creating sustainable partnerships and finding business partners like UPS will help you connect with the customers,” he said as his company has seen huge potentials for the city because of better economic environment as well as big areas for development especially in agriculture as well as the presence of better infrastructure facilities that foreign companies can tap into.
He added that SMEs must take full advantage of the global rise of e-commerce as a study of the company found out that 90% of online shoppers in Asia would buy from small retailer instead of larger ones.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market