A pilot flying an aerial spraying aircraft died when his plane crashed in Barangay Mangalcal, Carmen, Davao del Norte at 6:45 a.m. Saturday.
Major Rosendo Mendoza, the town police chief, identified the pilot as Jessie Kevin Roska Lagapa, 25, of Barangay Agus, Lapu-lapu City, Cebu.
The plane, bearing body number RP-R5388, was seen by residents of Mangalcal flying until they noticed that the plane dived hitting the power line of the National Power Corporation, according to initial investigation.
The plane of Davao Aerowurkz Corporation eventually plunged into the ricefield owned by Alodia Omega in Purok 1, Mangalcal.
Right after the plane crashed, rescuers from the Bureau of Fire and Municipal Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (MDRRMC)-Carmen responded. They immediately evacuated the pilot to Carmen District Hospital for treatment.
However, he was declared dead on arrival by the attending doctor Jacouline Agustine at 7:55 a.m.
Major Jason Baria, Police Regional Office 11 spokesperson, said the damaged plane is now properly cordoned, guarded by police personnel.
The body of the victim now lies at Carmen District Hospital in Carmen.
- Exec: Davao light spending P1.85-B in capex in 2021
- Microsoft unveils immersive education solutions to inspire educators in reimagining learning experiences
- Damosa, IWG unveil franchise partnership
- EDITORIAL | The community press today
- STATEMENT | Ending violence and ensuring jobs and rights for Filipina OFWs
- City In Photos
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Automatic writing
- Philippine Media Statement On the Anti-Terrorism Act of 2020
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- City In Photos