A pilot flying an aerial spraying aircraft died when his plane crashed in Barangay Mangalcal, Carmen, Davao del Norte at 6:45 a.m. Saturday.
Major Rosendo Mendoza, the town police chief, identified the pilot as Jessie Kevin Roska Lagapa, 25, of Barangay Agus, Lapu-lapu City, Cebu.
The plane, bearing body number RP-R5388, was seen by residents of Mangalcal flying until they noticed that the plane dived hitting the power line of the National Power Corporation, according to initial investigation.
The plane of Davao Aerowurkz Corporation eventually plunged into the ricefield owned by Alodia Omega in Purok 1, Mangalcal.
Right after the plane crashed, rescuers from the Bureau of Fire and Municipal Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (MDRRMC)-Carmen responded. They immediately evacuated the pilot to Carmen District Hospital for treatment.
However, he was declared dead on arrival by the attending doctor Jacouline Agustine at 7:55 a.m.
Major Jason Baria, Police Regional Office 11 spokesperson, said the damaged plane is now properly cordoned, guarded by police personnel.
The body of the victim now lies at Carmen District Hospital in Carmen.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1