The Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) has confirmed the existence of party drugs in the city.
“We have reliable information that party drugs are here in Davao but our major problem is that we cannot easily penetrate this group because they are selling drugs just among their peers,” PDEA XI Assistant Regional Director Atty. Ben Joseph Tesiorna told reporters in a press briefing on Friday.
According to the source of PDEA XI, most of those who were noted to be involved are minors or who have just reached the legal age, and young professionals.
“They are hard to penetrate as of now,” Tesiorna said.
“But rest assured, once we will be able to penetrate them, the next is apprehension.”
The PDEA XI is currently strengthening the evidence against the youth who are into party drugs.
“We are (doing) surveillance but we don’t have substantial evidence yet,” Tesiorna said.
According to Tesiorna, the source said the party drugs they have noted in the city are ecstasy and liquid meth.
“Some youths are also involved in marijuana,” he said. “In fact, we recently recovered some in a posh residence here.”
The PDEA recorded nine minors nabbed from January to April due to solvent use and drug running but none have been apprehended for party drugs.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories