The Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) has confirmed the existence of party drugs in the city.
“We have reliable information that party drugs are here in Davao but our major problem is that we cannot easily penetrate this group because they are selling drugs just among their peers,” PDEA XI Assistant Regional Director Atty. Ben Joseph Tesiorna told reporters in a press briefing on Friday.
According to the source of PDEA XI, most of those who were noted to be involved are minors or who have just reached the legal age, and young professionals.
“They are hard to penetrate as of now,” Tesiorna said.
“But rest assured, once we will be able to penetrate them, the next is apprehension.”
The PDEA XI is currently strengthening the evidence against the youth who are into party drugs.
“We are (doing) surveillance but we don’t have substantial evidence yet,” Tesiorna said.
According to Tesiorna, the source said the party drugs they have noted in the city are ecstasy and liquid meth.
“Some youths are also involved in marijuana,” he said. “In fact, we recently recovered some in a posh residence here.”
The PDEA recorded nine minors nabbed from January to April due to solvent use and drug running but none have been apprehended for party drugs.
- Exec: Davao light spending P1.85-B in capex in 2021
- Microsoft unveils immersive education solutions to inspire educators in reimagining learning experiences
- Damosa, IWG unveil franchise partnership
- EDITORIAL | The community press today
- STATEMENT | Ending violence and ensuring jobs and rights for Filipina OFWs
- City In Photos
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Automatic writing
- Philippine Media Statement On the Anti-Terrorism Act of 2020
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- City In Photos