The Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) has confirmed the existence of party drugs in the city.
“We have reliable information that party drugs are here in Davao but our major problem is that we cannot easily penetrate this group because they are selling drugs just among their peers,” PDEA XI Assistant Regional Director Atty. Ben Joseph Tesiorna told reporters in a press briefing on Friday.
According to the source of PDEA XI, most of those who were noted to be involved are minors or who have just reached the legal age, and young professionals.
“They are hard to penetrate as of now,” Tesiorna said.
“But rest assured, once we will be able to penetrate them, the next is apprehension.”
The PDEA XI is currently strengthening the evidence against the youth who are into party drugs.
“We are (doing) surveillance but we don’t have substantial evidence yet,” Tesiorna said.
According to Tesiorna, the source said the party drugs they have noted in the city are ecstasy and liquid meth.
“Some youths are also involved in marijuana,” he said. “In fact, we recently recovered some in a posh residence here.”
The PDEA recorded nine minors nabbed from January to April due to solvent use and drug running but none have been apprehended for party drugs.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success