The second top drug suspect in Davao del Sur was arrested Saturday morning by agents of the Police Regional Office 11 and the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency 11 in a raid in Digos City, Davao del Sur.
Brig. Gen. Marcelo Morales, police regional director, identified the suspect as Cristina Durano-Bernat, 43, married, of Purok Gemelina, Aurora Extension, Barangay San Miguel, Digos City.
Morales said Bernat is listed as Top 2 priority target in the province.
He said agents of the Davao del Sur Police Provincial Office and its units, including the Digos City Police Station, Provincial Drug Enforcement Unit (PDEU), Provincial Intelligence Branch, and Davao del Sur Provincial Mobile Force Company (DSPMFC), and the PDEA provincial office raided the house at 12:20 a.m.
The regional director said the anti-illegal drug operatives were armed with search warrant issued by Carmelita Sarno-Davin, the executive judge of Regional Trial Court in Davao del Sur.
The team seized 15 sachets of shabu, estimated to be worth P240,000, and drug paraphernalia.
Police are preparing to charge Bernat for violation of Republic Act 9165.
Morales lauded his men for the operation.
“We have proven once again our competence in performing our mandate especially in ensuring the safety and security of our people in Davao Region,” he said.
- AboitizPower’s Hedcor celebrates 45th anniversary
- PRO XI: Heighten patrols to keep streets safe
- 8 Injury Prevention Tips for Older Athletes
- KonsultaMD SuperApp: A game-changer in Philippine healthcare
- MTCP Alumni feted by Malaysian Consul General Consul General of Malaysia, Hon. Deddy Faisal Ahmad Salleh
- Consul General of Malaysia Mr. Deddy Faisal Bin Ahmad speech at High Tea Reception in honour of MTCP Alumni
- Globe shifts Iloilo facility to renewable energy, total sites on clean energy now at 25
- ROUGH CUTS| We’re starting to read through the pictures
- Poplar invites UX designers and writers to Designers Homecoming
- 62 fire victims get cash aid