The second top drug suspect in Davao del Sur was arrested Saturday morning by agents of the Police Regional Office 11 and the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency 11 in a raid in Digos City, Davao del Sur.
Brig. Gen. Marcelo Morales, police regional director, identified the suspect as Cristina Durano-Bernat, 43, married, of Purok Gemelina, Aurora Extension, Barangay San Miguel, Digos City.
Morales said Bernat is listed as Top 2 priority target in the province.
He said agents of the Davao del Sur Police Provincial Office and its units, including the Digos City Police Station, Provincial Drug Enforcement Unit (PDEU), Provincial Intelligence Branch, and Davao del Sur Provincial Mobile Force Company (DSPMFC), and the PDEA provincial office raided the house at 12:20 a.m.
The regional director said the anti-illegal drug operatives were armed with search warrant issued by Carmelita Sarno-Davin, the executive judge of Regional Trial Court in Davao del Sur.
The team seized 15 sachets of shabu, estimated to be worth P240,000, and drug paraphernalia.
Police are preparing to charge Bernat for violation of Republic Act 9165.
Morales lauded his men for the operation.
“We have proven once again our competence in performing our mandate especially in ensuring the safety and security of our people in Davao Region,” he said.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success