Davao City – Davao Regional Athletic Association’s (DAVRAA) Khessie Jane Baluyot handed the hosts its first medal, scoring a bronze in athletics as the 2019 Palarong Pambansa had its green light yesterday at the University of Mindanao Matina Sports Complex.
Baluyot stood third at the winner’s podium for her performance in the secondary girls discus throw event with 33.54 meters. She fell behind NCR’s Ainah Marie Masangkay (34.16) and Region VI’s Kate Martinez (33.90) who finished first and second, respectively.
In other events, Algin Gomez of Region II still reigns as the long jump king in the secondary boys division on a 7.55 meter record while Leslie Delima of Bicol Region Athletic Association (BRAA) wound-up with a golden finish in the secondary girls 3,000 meters timed at 10:22.42.
On the other hand, team DAVRAA scored twin wins in the elementary boys football competition played at the Tionko football turf. They posted their first win at the expense of CARAGA, 4-0 then followed it up with a same 4-0 result over CLRAA.
As of presstime, DAVRAA plays WNRAA at the same venue. Team DAVRAA is composed of Andrei Joshua Guingguing, Charles Ken Chiu, Anthony Elorde, Carlos Angelo Lacerna, EJ Cabiles, Lance Anthony Resemiento, Charles Andrae Demeray, Aivan Rey Cajegas, Rommel Bactat Jr., Victor Jerald Lagundi, Art Romeo Eroy, Joerby Anito, Karlos Daniel Donado, Matthaeus Henricus Lim, Cristo Kenya Castillo and Fritz Navaeh Gerong with Ronald Manabit as coach.
- Campaign highlights importance of supporting children, says WV
- Airline heeds call for faster vaccine rollout
- The mom, her 3 kids and the work that gave her more
- Mask for a Cause at Kultura
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- `E-sabong’ gets nod
- NO TO MIXING | Expert urges residents to register for jabs, warns vs vaccine mixing
- EastMinCom units rewarded with cash
- High infection rate indicates better approach vs virus, say
- 2 nabbed, P1-M in shabu seized