The Department of Education (DepEd) prohibits athletes to take side trips during the Palarong Pambansa 2019 to prevent any untoward incidents.
“Whatever happens, the responsibility lies with the delegation head which is the regional head,” DepEd XI spokesperson Jenielito Atillo told reporters during the ISpeak Press Conference on Thursday.
Atillo said athletes are only allowed to visit sights in the city once they are finished with their specific event but “it must be with approval of all the duly constituted authorities.”
“That’s why people involved in ensuring that everybody is following the disciplinary and security measures put in place in every delegation must do their responsibility,” Atillo said.
Davao City Assistant Administrator on Operations Lawrence Bantiding said the city government is providing two buses to ferry delegates to the selected tourist destinations in the city accompanied by three tour guides.
The initial tourist destinations considered are Eden Nature Park, Philippine Eagle Centre and Malagos Chocolate Museum.
“From that, at least we can monitor the trips of the delegates who really want to visit these tourist destinations,” Bantiding said.
The buses will cater at least five to eight delegations everyday starting April 28 until the culmination of the sporting event.
Atillo added that since the schedule of the Palarong Pambansa is set until May 4 only “all delegations must return to their respective places the day after.”
“But if there are people who want to stay and see the city, they must sign a waiver that they will stay and they will not join their delegation (in going home),” he said.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021