The Department of Education (DepEd) prohibits athletes to take side trips during the Palarong Pambansa 2019 to prevent any untoward incidents.
“Whatever happens, the responsibility lies with the delegation head which is the regional head,” DepEd XI spokesperson Jenielito Atillo told reporters during the ISpeak Press Conference on Thursday.
Atillo said athletes are only allowed to visit sights in the city once they are finished with their specific event but “it must be with approval of all the duly constituted authorities.”
“That’s why people involved in ensuring that everybody is following the disciplinary and security measures put in place in every delegation must do their responsibility,” Atillo said.
Davao City Assistant Administrator on Operations Lawrence Bantiding said the city government is providing two buses to ferry delegates to the selected tourist destinations in the city accompanied by three tour guides.
The initial tourist destinations considered are Eden Nature Park, Philippine Eagle Centre and Malagos Chocolate Museum.
“From that, at least we can monitor the trips of the delegates who really want to visit these tourist destinations,” Bantiding said.
The buses will cater at least five to eight delegations everyday starting April 28 until the culmination of the sporting event.
Atillo added that since the schedule of the Palarong Pambansa is set until May 4 only “all delegations must return to their respective places the day after.”
“But if there are people who want to stay and see the city, they must sign a waiver that they will stay and they will not join their delegation (in going home),” he said.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success