Around 4,000 security, safety and emergency preparedness response team members will provide full length service during the Palarong Pambansa 2019, which will open on Sunday at UP Mindanao Campus in Tugbok District.
They were sent-off Thursday afternoon at Davao City Police Office (DCPO).
The response team is composed of personnel from DCPO, Police Regional Office (PRO), Task Force Davao (TFD), Regional Mobile Force Battalion (RMFB), Bureau of Fire and Protection (BFP), Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG), Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA), Philippine Coast Guard (PCG), Central 911, Maritime Group 11, and police auxiliaries.
Major Jason Baria, PRO 11 spokesperson, said the units are required to provide security to all delegates in the Palarong Pambansa 2019 from the billeting quarters to playing venue, back and forth.
“This is to ensure that we will have a zero incident during the conduct of this national meet,” Baria said.Around 20,000 attendees, including athletes, coaches and game officials, and family members of the players are expected.
In a message, Brig. Gen. Marcelo Morales reminded all deployed personnel of their tasks to secure the venue and to ensure the safety of the participants as he stressed that maximum protective security measures should be applied.
“Let’s help in making this major event orderly and peaceful,” Morales said.
Saying it is a big honor that the city is hosting the event, Morales said officials have full trust and confidence to the security forces in the region.
“Let’s not disappoint them,” Morales told the response team members. “So I am asking for your support and cooperation.
He assured that maximum troops will be deployed around the city to provide security for the participants and to ensure police presence as some participants will likely roam the city to visit and see scenic spots.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021