The Davao City Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office (CDRRMO) will conduct earthquake and tsunami preparedness lecture and drill today on all the 26 billeting quarters of the Palarong Pambansa 2019 delegation.
“The objective of the simultaneous drill is to test the preparedness plans of the different Palarong Pambansa delegations,” CDRRMO training director Lyndon Leovic Ancajas told TIMES.
Another objective of the drill, according to Ancajas, is that the participants will be able to practice the necessary actions during an earthquake like the “drop, cover and hold” technique.
“The drill scenario will be of an earthquake occurring and affecting the different billeting areas with some of the participants sustaining minor injuries,” Ancajas said.
Ancajas also noted that the drill has been a plan of the CDRRMO. It just so happened that the recent quakes in Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao occurred in a span of days.
“We will do a simultaneous drill (today) at 8 a.m. This has long been planned but it is become more timely that we experienced earthquakes all over the country recently,” he said.
Ancajas said they are expecting the delegates to be prepared during emergencies.
“The expected output of the simultaneous drill is that the Palarong Pambansa delegation will be able to practice their emergency preparedness plans during the drill and, if necessary, implement their emergency preparedness plans during actual earthquake incidents,” he said.
The earthquake drill is expected to be participated by the 20,000 delegates and other participants of the Palarong Pambansa 2019.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1