The Davao City Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office (CDRRMO) will conduct earthquake and tsunami preparedness lecture and drill today on all the 26 billeting quarters of the Palarong Pambansa 2019 delegation.
“The objective of the simultaneous drill is to test the preparedness plans of the different Palarong Pambansa delegations,” CDRRMO training director Lyndon Leovic Ancajas told TIMES.
Another objective of the drill, according to Ancajas, is that the participants will be able to practice the necessary actions during an earthquake like the “drop, cover and hold” technique.
“The drill scenario will be of an earthquake occurring and affecting the different billeting areas with some of the participants sustaining minor injuries,” Ancajas said.
Ancajas also noted that the drill has been a plan of the CDRRMO. It just so happened that the recent quakes in Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao occurred in a span of days.
“We will do a simultaneous drill (today) at 8 a.m. This has long been planned but it is become more timely that we experienced earthquakes all over the country recently,” he said.
Ancajas said they are expecting the delegates to be prepared during emergencies.
“The expected output of the simultaneous drill is that the Palarong Pambansa delegation will be able to practice their emergency preparedness plans during the drill and, if necessary, implement their emergency preparedness plans during actual earthquake incidents,” he said.
The earthquake drill is expected to be participated by the 20,000 delegates and other participants of the Palarong Pambansa 2019.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission