The Davao Police Regional Office (PRO 11) confiscated more than P8 million worth of illegal drugs in a span of one week.
Brig. Gen. Marcelo Morales, PRO regional director, said that from April 15-21, a total of 24 anti-illegal drug operations were conducted that led to the confiscation of 147.13 grams of shabu with estimated value of P4.87 million and 17,000 marijuana plants with estimated value of P3.4 million.
Major Jason Baria, the spokesperson of PRO 11, said the incessant campaign against illegal drugs in the region also led to the arrest of 31 drug suspects.
Highlighting the operations over the week is the uprooting of the 17,000 fully grown marijuana hills in the raided five-hectare plantation in Sitio Blabaluyong, Barangay Kimlawis, Kiblawan, Davao del Sur on Good Friday.
Also a major accomplishment was the recovery of four big sachets, suspected to contain 150 grams of shabu worth P1.8 million for two alleged big time drug pushers.
They were identified as Nasser Igasan, 37, of Purok Rambutan, Datu Abdul, Panabo City, Davao del Norte, and Michaella Joy Fernandez, 23, of Riverside, Purok 7, Tibungco, by the operatives of the Bunawan Police Station on April 20.
Morales once again lauded the efforts of the operating troops.
“These accomplishments reflect the dedication and unwavering support of the PRO 11 to the marching order of President Rodrigo Duterte to stamp out proliferation of illegal drugs in the country,” he said.
Moreover, Morales assures the people of Davao Region that PRO 11 will continue its efforts to wipe out illegal drugs and arrest drug personalities in the region.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- As many as 27,000 booster shots can be administered daily: official
- Vaccination rollout for 5-11 age group pilot-tested in Manila first before DC
- 5 arrested in buy-bust, drug den raid
- Honda introduces its newest rough terrain bike
- Jarlo Bâse marks his major label debut with soulful, laid-back track “Kalapati”
- J-Pop queen Hikaru Utada delivers another pop masterpiece with eighth studio album, Bad Mode
- Concepcion backs DOLE’s call to private sector employers, but insists it should be voluntary
- WANDERLUST | Blue Lotus Hotel holds relaunch
- NPA regional committee in R-11 to be dismantled in next months