The Department of Education (DepEd) XI advised the delegates of Palarong Pambansa 2019 to be familiar with the evacuation sites and emergency guidelines following the recent earthquakes in some areas in the country.
“We always make sure that there are signages to guide them where to go and what to do in times of emergency. Familiarization is very important,” DepEd XI spokesperson Jenielito Atillo said during iSpeak forum on Thursday.
He added that they continuously conduct earthquake and fire drills in every school.
“This is just some sort of review for them. The only thing they need to do is to familiarize because these emergency guidelines will be useless if they are not familiar with the area,” he added.
Meanwhile, Atillo said, they have received words from their counterparts in the affected areas of the recent earthquake in Luzon and Visayas expressing their worries for the athletes.
However, Atillo said there’s nothing to worry about, given the fact that the participating athletes from all the regions already arrived in the city prior to the incidents.
He also clarified that there will be 18 delegations for the upcoming sporting event.
“We have 17 regions but we add another one, a delegation for technical officials and tournament managers,” he said.
He said, from 18,000 people participating in the Palarong Pambansa, they are now expecting 20,000 participants in total.
“That comprises the players, the delegation officials and other officials including guests that we are expecting to attend,” he added.
- Exec: Davao light spending P1.85-B in capex in 2021
- Microsoft unveils immersive education solutions to inspire educators in reimagining learning experiences
- Damosa, IWG unveil franchise partnership
- EDITORIAL | The community press today
- STATEMENT | Ending violence and ensuring jobs and rights for Filipina OFWs
- City In Photos
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Automatic writing
- Philippine Media Statement On the Anti-Terrorism Act of 2020
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- City In Photos