The survey conducted by the Institute for Popular Opinion of the University of Mindanao (IPO-UM) shows 11 senatorial candidates endorsed by President Rodrigo Roa Duterte made it to the top 13.
Only JV Ejercito did not make the cut.
According to Maria Linda Arquiza, vice president of the UM Research and Publication, the survey was conducted across three districts of Davao City with a total of 1,200 respondents last April 8 – 20, 2019.
The respondents were asked that if elections were held today, whom will they vote.
Bato Dela Rosa of PDP Laban ranked first with 1,095 votes followed by Bong Go from the same partylist with 1093, just two votes lower.
Among the PDP-Laban candidates who made it to the top 13 are Francis Tolentino, Koko Pimentel and Dong Mangudadato, respectively.
Other candidates from different partylists endorsed by the President who also made it to the winning circle are Sonny Angara (LDP), Pia Cayetano (UNA), and Freddie Aguilar (IND).
The three candidates who are not on PRRD’s list who made it to the top 13 are Grace Poe (IND), Nancy Binay (UNA) and Serge Osmeña (IND).
“If the actual election was held on that day, these candidates would have won the election here in Davao,” Arquiza said.
Meanwhile on the local candidates, the Dutertes received an overwhelming support with 98% for Mayor Sara Duterte and 96% for Sebastian Duterte for vice mayor.
Arquiza said surveys are generally reliable if they are conducted a few days before the actual election.
“Pwedeng magbago sa positioning (the positions may move) but the names will seldom change,” she added.
- ROUGH CUTS| One lesson that must be learned
- Probe into ‘abductions’
- CSC XI urges more applicants for the August 2023 CS Exam
- National Academy of Sports now accepting scholarship applicants
- DCPO asks for responsible social media use to avoid creating panic
- Power disruptions on June 4, 5, and 6 in different parts of Davao City
- SM wins ICSC MAXI Awards 2023
- Fatal association
- Over 19,000 child laborers rescued
- Davao Culinary Cup returns after hiatus