The Holy Week in the region was generally peaceful with no major crimes and violent incidents.
Brig. Gen. Marcelo C. Morales, police regional director, said aside from some isolated cases, they did not monitor any significant or serious incident that posed a serious threat to the region’s security.
Over the long holiday, the police reported one case of drowning, three five incidents, two skirmishes between the communist guerrillas and soldiers, and one accidental explosion inside the Davao City Police Office.
“We are still investigating the incident on what triggered the explosion. It could be possible that the extreme heat might have prompted the bomb to blast. We will release the result of the post-blast investigation as soon as the report reached my office,” Morales said.
The police and AFP personnel, together with force multipliers, secured all pilgrimage sites, churches, and vital institutions during the week-long religious activities. Likewise, transport terminals, air and sea ports, shopping malls, beach resorts, subdivisions, public markets, and other places of convergence were also closely monitored.
“We are happy the public is cooperating with the authorities even with the strict security measures we implemented in churches and other vital installations in the region and we will continue to serve you and ensure your safety during this summer vacation,” Morales said.
Police asked to report any suspicious activity or persons in their community.
They can contact the PRO XI through social media (Twitter @pro11pio or on the PRO 11 Facebook page) or by dialing 911.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021