The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) XI continues to coordinate with local government units to investigate the Philippine Tribal Governance Administration for alleged unauthorized transactions with the agency’s beneficiaries.
The DSWD XI has been warning the public against the organization, which allegedly registers members of the Pantawid Pamilya Modified Conditional Cash Transfer for Indigenous Peoples (MCCT-IP).
“Since last year, they were already distributing forms for the MCCT and then allegedly, they collect money amounting to P500 for the registration,” DSWD XI information officer Florame Espada told TIMES on Tuesday.
Espada said the incident was reported to them by an MCCT-IP beneficiary and handed them the actual form distributed by the organization.
She added that this alleged transaction “suspiciously” becomes active only during the election period as the same activity also occurred during the barangay elections last year.
Meanwhile, she clarified that the DSWD XI does not distribute forms for their Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program (4Ps).
“We have no additional beneficiaries since 2018 because we are waiting for the third round of assessment. Our department will conduct another house-to-house survey this year to identify the poorest of the poor,” Espada said.
These unauthorized transactions have been monitored already in Compostela Valley and Davao del Norte, and even as far as Caraga.
Esapada added that they are open to personally discuss the matter with the head of the organization to settle the issue.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1