The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) XI continues to coordinate with local government units to investigate the Philippine Tribal Governance Administration for alleged unauthorized transactions with the agency’s beneficiaries.
The DSWD XI has been warning the public against the organization, which allegedly registers members of the Pantawid Pamilya Modified Conditional Cash Transfer for Indigenous Peoples (MCCT-IP).
“Since last year, they were already distributing forms for the MCCT and then allegedly, they collect money amounting to P500 for the registration,” DSWD XI information officer Florame Espada told TIMES on Tuesday.
Espada said the incident was reported to them by an MCCT-IP beneficiary and handed them the actual form distributed by the organization.
She added that this alleged transaction “suspiciously” becomes active only during the election period as the same activity also occurred during the barangay elections last year.
Meanwhile, she clarified that the DSWD XI does not distribute forms for their Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program (4Ps).
“We have no additional beneficiaries since 2018 because we are waiting for the third round of assessment. Our department will conduct another house-to-house survey this year to identify the poorest of the poor,” Espada said.
These unauthorized transactions have been monitored already in Compostela Valley and Davao del Norte, and even as far as Caraga.
Esapada added that they are open to personally discuss the matter with the head of the organization to settle the issue.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories