The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) XI continues to coordinate with local government units to investigate the Philippine Tribal Governance Administration for alleged unauthorized transactions with the agency’s beneficiaries.
The DSWD XI has been warning the public against the organization, which allegedly registers members of the Pantawid Pamilya Modified Conditional Cash Transfer for Indigenous Peoples (MCCT-IP).
“Since last year, they were already distributing forms for the MCCT and then allegedly, they collect money amounting to P500 for the registration,” DSWD XI information officer Florame Espada told TIMES on Tuesday.
Espada said the incident was reported to them by an MCCT-IP beneficiary and handed them the actual form distributed by the organization.
She added that this alleged transaction “suspiciously” becomes active only during the election period as the same activity also occurred during the barangay elections last year.
Meanwhile, she clarified that the DSWD XI does not distribute forms for their Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program (4Ps).
“We have no additional beneficiaries since 2018 because we are waiting for the third round of assessment. Our department will conduct another house-to-house survey this year to identify the poorest of the poor,” Espada said.
These unauthorized transactions have been monitored already in Compostela Valley and Davao del Norte, and even as far as Caraga.
Esapada added that they are open to personally discuss the matter with the head of the organization to settle the issue.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission