An official of the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) XI has advised job seekers to “bring all their credentials” to increase the probability of getting hired when applying in the upcoming two-day job fair happening this May 1-2 at the Gaisano Mall of Davao.
“Normally employers are hesitant to hire applicants because of incomplete documents. If they bring complete documents, there will be higher chances of getting hired,” DOLE XI Assistant Regional Director Jason Balais said on Monday.
Balais also advised applicants to wear appropriate attire and be honest during interviews with employers.
Last year, there were 238 applicants hired on the spot out of the 5,174 who underwent interviews even as the agency hopes that the number of those to be hired will surpass the record last year.
Balais said that in case less people will be hired on the spot, the number will not make a dent on the employment rate which was 95.5% based on the January 2019 Labor Force Survey of the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) released last March.
“It’s (employment rate) high and it has been consistent because of existing job vacancies in the region, he said, pointing out that the 7, 983 job vacancies that will be up for grabs during the job fair may even match the number of graduates based on the record of the Commission on Higher Education.
Balais said the agency cannot accommodate more companies because the capacity of the venue is limited, prompting the agency to limit the number of employers to 70, 50 of them local.
On Monday, DOLE XI signed memorandum of agreement (MOA) with its partner-stakeholders for the conduct of the “Trabaho, Negosyo, Kabuhayan and Business Fairs.”
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | May be it’s time for the SP to probe
- Former NPA rebel pinpoints location of buried weapons
- Drug suspect killed during buy-bust
- Simulation exercise vs. terror inside public school a success
- City joins Lunhaw Expo
- Davao de Oro Police Office hailed as best in Davao Region
- 14 barangays declared free of illegal drugs
- UPDATED PROMISE | Official: Bulk water project to start operations in March
- MAD Talks presents: Sa Ngayon, Padayon