The Davao Police Regional Office conducted the 2nd National Civil Disturbance Management (CDM) Competition held at the grandstand of Camp Sgt. Quintin M. Merecido in Catitipan on Monday to test their readiness in case of violent protests.
Maj. Jason Baria, the PRO XI spokesperson, said the activity started with the presentation of the contingents from Regional Mobile Force Battalion XI and Davao City Police Office.
Baria said the competitors underwent inspection, demonstration, and problem-based scenarios.
Brig. Gen. Marcelo C. Morales, regional police director, said the objective of the competition is to assess and test the readiness and capability of the CDM units in dealing with mass actions and public disturbance requiring police response.
“This also aims to assess the degree and level of adequacy of preparation, effectiveness, and swift response in addressing various civil disturbance situations in terms of support, negotiation, arrest, and monitoring in the region,” Morales said.
The competing teams were rated by Col. Eden T. Ugade, deputy regional director for operations, and representatives from the Commission on Human Rights, National Police Commission, and Regional Special Training Unit XI.
Yesterday, two contingents from Davao Del Sur Police Provincial Office and Davao Occidental Police Provincial Office showcased their capabilities in Digos City.
The winning team will represent the region in the annual PNP-CDM competition to be held later this year.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories