The Department of Agriculture – Regional Management Council (DA-RMC) has endorsed a P84.975-billion budget for the development of agriculture and fisheries sector in the Davao Region under Agriculture and Fisheries Modernization Plan (AFMP).
“We incorporate it (AFMP) with the innovations and science-based tools of the Philippine Rural Development Project (PRDP),” Noel Provido, chief of the Regional Agriculture and Fishery Information Section of DA XI, told TIMES on Monday.
Under the proposal, Provido said the DA will provide the 91% of the total funds while the remainder will be sourced from participating national government institutions, local government units, private sector and Official Development Assistance (ODA).
He said the budget will be used as total investment requirements for the 3,382 interventions from 2018-2023 for the priority commodities like rice, corn, high value crop, organic agriculture, coconut, livestock and poultry, fisheries and abaca.
AFMP is a result of various stakeholders consultation conducted by the central office about a year ago.
The plan is guided by five major thematic concerns: global competitiveness of regional commodities, strengthening of agribusiness and entrepreneurship, poverty alleviation and inclusive growth, climate change and environmental sustainability, and governance and performance-based management.
These science-based tools of the PRDP are the value chain analysis (VCA), vulnerability and suitable assessment (VSA), expanded vulnerability suitability assessment (E-VSA), provincial commodity investment plan (PCIP) and geotagging.
PRDP is a project based on the Mindanao Rural Development Program which seeks to increase the income of residents of the beneficiary communities as well as help preserve the environment.
Provido said farmers can benefit from the interventions under the medium-term sectoral plan as long as they are members of associations or people’s organizations (POs) and registered under the Registry System for Basic Sectors in Agriculture (RSBSA).
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market