The Department of Agriculture – Regional Management Council (DA-RMC) has endorsed a P84.975-billion budget for the development of agriculture and fisheries sector in the Davao Region under Agriculture and Fisheries Modernization Plan (AFMP).
“We incorporate it (AFMP) with the innovations and science-based tools of the Philippine Rural Development Project (PRDP),” Noel Provido, chief of the Regional Agriculture and Fishery Information Section of DA XI, told TIMES on Monday.
Under the proposal, Provido said the DA will provide the 91% of the total funds while the remainder will be sourced from participating national government institutions, local government units, private sector and Official Development Assistance (ODA).
He said the budget will be used as total investment requirements for the 3,382 interventions from 2018-2023 for the priority commodities like rice, corn, high value crop, organic agriculture, coconut, livestock and poultry, fisheries and abaca.
AFMP is a result of various stakeholders consultation conducted by the central office about a year ago.
The plan is guided by five major thematic concerns: global competitiveness of regional commodities, strengthening of agribusiness and entrepreneurship, poverty alleviation and inclusive growth, climate change and environmental sustainability, and governance and performance-based management.
These science-based tools of the PRDP are the value chain analysis (VCA), vulnerability and suitable assessment (VSA), expanded vulnerability suitability assessment (E-VSA), provincial commodity investment plan (PCIP) and geotagging.
PRDP is a project based on the Mindanao Rural Development Program which seeks to increase the income of residents of the beneficiary communities as well as help preserve the environment.
Provido said farmers can benefit from the interventions under the medium-term sectoral plan as long as they are members of associations or people’s organizations (POs) and registered under the Registry System for Basic Sectors in Agriculture (RSBSA).
- Discover new tech trends and the new retail at the Stores Asia Expo 2022
- 10th ID donates aircons to seniors
- `Disgraceful version’ Sara lambastes Walden Bello for `blaming’ her for libel case
- Man missing as floods hit city, bares CDRRMO
- Thai, 14 others to judge `Indak-indak’, says organizer
- Councilors acknowledge Times’ role in shaping Davao’s history
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Davao Light and Poer Co., Inc. Service disruptions on August 11, 12, and 13 in different areas of Davao City
- ROUGH CUTS | One light moment with the late FVR
- OFFICIAL | Number of enrollees seen to surpass number last year