A wife was killed by her husband after a heated argument at their home in Spring Valley, Buhangin on Good Friday.
Police said Gerly Buntia Rodemio, 38, vendor, was stabbed by Ulpiano Rodemio, 39.
Based on the investigation, the victim went to Maglana, Spring Valley, where the suspect was drinking with friends, which led to an argument.
The altercation continued when they got home.
At 11:45 p.m. of April 19, the two were still quarrelling in front of their children when the suspect stabbed her on the chest and back.
The stabbing was witnessed by the brother of the victim, Jonel Timam.
They rushed her to the Southern Philippines Medical Center but she expired at 1:28 a.m. of April 20.
The suspect is now detained at the Buhangin Police Station.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | May be it’s time for the SP to probe
- Former NPA rebel pinpoints location of buried weapons
- Drug suspect killed during buy-bust
- Simulation exercise vs. terror inside public school a success
- City joins Lunhaw Expo
- Davao de Oro Police Office hailed as best in Davao Region
- 14 barangays declared free of illegal drugs
- UPDATED PROMISE | Official: Bulk water project to start operations in March
- MAD Talks presents: Sa Ngayon, Padayon