A wife was killed by her husband after a heated argument at their home in Spring Valley, Buhangin on Good Friday.
Police said Gerly Buntia Rodemio, 38, vendor, was stabbed by Ulpiano Rodemio, 39.
Based on the investigation, the victim went to Maglana, Spring Valley, where the suspect was drinking with friends, which led to an argument.
The altercation continued when they got home.
At 11:45 p.m. of April 19, the two were still quarrelling in front of their children when the suspect stabbed her on the chest and back.
The stabbing was witnessed by the brother of the victim, Jonel Timam.
They rushed her to the Southern Philippines Medical Center but she expired at 1:28 a.m. of April 20.
The suspect is now detained at the Buhangin Police Station.
- ROUGH CUTS | Run that nuclear power plant
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – MAY 25, 2022
- DTI 11 urges consumers to help in monitoring new SRPs
- SCENE CITY | Pidoks blesses fourth branch
- WANDERLUST | DA, NCCA, DOT lead Filipino Food Month celebration
- Next admin told | Build Samal bridge to improve DavNor power
- Tagum City sets record for most biodiverse observations
- CCCs offer free swabbing, teleconsultation services
- ‘Multi-layered security plan’ readied for Sara’s oathtaking
- City still enjoys low rates for COVID, 2 weeks after polls