A wife was killed by her husband after a heated argument at their home in Spring Valley, Buhangin on Good Friday.
Police said Gerly Buntia Rodemio, 38, vendor, was stabbed by Ulpiano Rodemio, 39.
Based on the investigation, the victim went to Maglana, Spring Valley, where the suspect was drinking with friends, which led to an argument.
The altercation continued when they got home.
At 11:45 p.m. of April 19, the two were still quarrelling in front of their children when the suspect stabbed her on the chest and back.
The stabbing was witnessed by the brother of the victim, Jonel Timam.
They rushed her to the Southern Philippines Medical Center but she expired at 1:28 a.m. of April 20.
The suspect is now detained at the Buhangin Police Station.
- GUEST EDITORIAL | A tribute to Fr. Swamy
- PARADIGM SHIFT | A New Geopolitical Paradigm Between Iran and China
- ROUGH CUTS | We need to restrain our ‘horses’
- COVID vaccination hotlines to receive calls from seniors
- 5 NPA rebels surrender in SK
- 2 nabbed for illegal substances
- MEDICAL LEAVE | Mayor Duterte in Singapore
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 8, 2021
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 7, 2021
- NCCC offers more ways to shop online