A wife was killed by her husband after a heated argument at their home in Spring Valley, Buhangin on Good Friday.
Police said Gerly Buntia Rodemio, 38, vendor, was stabbed by Ulpiano Rodemio, 39.
Based on the investigation, the victim went to Maglana, Spring Valley, where the suspect was drinking with friends, which led to an argument.
The altercation continued when they got home.
At 11:45 p.m. of April 19, the two were still quarrelling in front of their children when the suspect stabbed her on the chest and back.
The stabbing was witnessed by the brother of the victim, Jonel Timam.
They rushed her to the Southern Philippines Medical Center but she expired at 1:28 a.m. of April 20.
The suspect is now detained at the Buhangin Police Station.
- Security forces support Baste leading RPOC XI
- Davao City jail opens mini-library
- Optimized security
- 3 arrested for drugs, unlicensed gun at checkpoint
- The New Channel: Always looking for the next highlighting its social advocacy, Global Women Who RULE 2023
- AirAsia Philippines records 95% increase in March bookings
- CDRRMO rates quake drill response at 8 or 9
- 174 PDLs test negative in random jail drug test
- UM founder to be honored by CPAs
- Classes canceled