It’s enjoyable to own an art piece especially if it doesn’t cost you an arm and leg. Usually, cheap art pieces won’t give the art collectors the glamour they are looking for an art work to hang on their walls. However, there is always a good art studio for them to visit for more affordable art pieces with a quality and craftsmanship worth every penny they would spend for. Moreover, the artworks are done by the artists who produce works with variety of concepts to choose from. Some artists would appreciate very much to work on commission basis from patron who wish to acquire paintings according to their specifications. Decorative paintings such as landscape, animals, rural scene, harvest and still life are the most requested subject in painting; while contemporary art like abstract and surreal are the kind of art hang on the walls of offices and hotel lobbies.
Large paintings demand more space and it’s quite expensive to own them. But the joy of owning big artworks is beyond visual satisfaction. In bigger houses, the usual piece of conversation are the murals painted on the walls with a more complicated style. Sophistication and colors are a perfect combination in choosing a masterfully crafted paintings to watch with the interior design of the house. Condominium units only require smaller paintings just enough to add beauty to the place.
Regardless of size, paintings give the owner a certain level of incomparable ownership and, as always, the acquisition of paintings include the soul of the artists, the life of the creator of the artworks and the vision of the person who interpreted the art in many facets.
By Bai Manginsay
ART PORTAL Gallery: Legaspi St. Red Oni’s Solo: SURREALISTIC PAINTINGS
MORNING LIGHT GALLERY: T. Claudio St.
MUNDA ART GALLERY: 729 Ma. Loreto, Juna Collection: Kublai, Secuya, Cordes, Alfon, Bangot, Dumaguing, Cedeño, Descallar, Munda, Manginsay + more.
BINTANA ART GALLERY: Victoria Plaza, 2nd Flr. Collection: Alagon, J.C. Gonzales, Guerra + more.
JUNE 3-6: SIPACO FOUNDATION Int’l Art Exhibit, Macau.
OCT 4 to 6: MINDANAO ART FAIR EXHIBITION, G-Mall Gala nite: Oct 4, Art Talks: Oct 5-6, Satellite art exhibits (to be announced)
- Composite teams named for COVID vaccination program
- Marawi, Lanao Sur MSMEs to benefit from Plant Tissue Lab
- READY FOR JABBING | Almost 100% of 2,300 DCPO members willing to be vaccinated
- Over 500,000 identified for the vaccination priority list
- PARADIGM SHIFT | Why Is the Organization of Islamic Cooperation Silent on China’s Treatment of Uyghur Muslims When the United States Alleges Genocide?
- PNIA primed to boost nickel sector
- Choice Mart is now on foodpanda
- Public urged: Watch out for entities using games, franchise programs
- BDO offers QR Code withdrawals from select ATMs
- Your next best roommate could be a plant