The city government has reconstituted the Davao City Recreation Center Board of Directors (DCRCB) through an executive order (EO) so it can immediately operate.
In EO No. 5 series of 2019 signed on March 8, the DCRCB will be chaired by the City Administrator and with the City Economic Enterprise manager as its vice chair.
The members include City Treasurer, City Council Committee chairperson on Government Enterprises and Privatization, City Legal Officer, and DCRC manager or in-charge.
“It is necessary to again reconstitute the said board in order to better develop policies and guidelines to complement the current situation of the center,” the EO said.
The DCRCB was initially reconstituted about 20 years ago as it was established to serve as a platform for various activities conducted within the city whereas its board is also created to ensure the efficient and effective management of the center’s operations.
According to the EO, the DCRCB will have to “develop plans and strategies for the optimum operation and utilization of the center to increase the revenues as a special trust fund purely for the operation of the center.”
It is also mandated to recommend to the City Council, through the city mayor, the appropriate measures for the development and improvement of the center, its budget and plantilla, the center’s manager and his or her support staff, and define their duties and responsibilities.
- GUEST EDITORIAL | A tribute to Fr. Swamy
- PARADIGM SHIFT | A New Geopolitical Paradigm Between Iran and China
- ROUGH CUTS | We need to restrain our ‘horses’
- COVID vaccination hotlines to receive calls from seniors
- 5 NPA rebels surrender in SK
- 2 nabbed for illegal substances
- MEDICAL LEAVE | Mayor Duterte in Singapore
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 8, 2021
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 7, 2021
- NCCC offers more ways to shop online