The city police director has already endorsed two cops who could replace him when he exits in July.
Col. Alexander Tagum, the director of the Davao City Police Office, said that the assignment won’t be easy. Being solely responsible for the safety of Davaoenos will really “test their level of competence as a police officer.”
“I have recommended two,” he told reporters at the sidelines of the presentation of seized loose firearms at the PRO XI grandstand in Camp Quintin Merecido in Buhangin on Monday.
But he said that the city will also conduct its own background investigation on the names submitted to Camp Crame.
He declined to identify them but he said they are not his classmates. However, he personally worked with them before and can vouch for their integrity and competence.
He described the two as police officers who “I believe that can deliver and whose true service for the public is in their heart.”
Tagum also said there are other recommendations apart from the two names he endorsed. The good thing, however, is that all the police officers are from Mindanao.
Ever since the time of President Rodrigo Duterte, the city government has always chosen those with experience in Mindanao.
“So basically, you can get that if you are assigned and served in Mindanao because by then you have background on what the problems are and what to do for the good of people of Mindanao,” he added.
Tagum assumed as DCPO director in April 2017. His term was supposed to end last April 3 but was extended due to the election period.
“As a processional officer, I come and go and I’m ready to face the end of my tenure and will have to go,” he said.
He said his next assignment would depend on the PNP leadership.
So far, Mayor Sara Duterte has no marching order yet for Tagum upon his exit as the city police director.
“The Mayor is very busy right now but I don’t want to disturb her,” he said.
- Migs Dominguez is new Alsons Dev director
- This is it — #AngSignNaHanapMo to achieve your beauty goals
- JIB’s IChef Makes History as Mindanao’s First Halal-Certified Institution
- EGALITARIAN l Weak Peso to Our Advantage
- HONORING MY MOTHER l Cleaning as lifesaver (a Rewrite)
- ROUGH CUTS l Men are created equal?
- 2 cops nabbed for involvement in Gensan robbery; superiors relieved
- P2.448-M in shabu seized in Toril raid
- Residents urged vote for city in global contest
- Davaoeña is new head of TPB