The Davao Police Regional Office is 100% ready for the May 2019 elections as 6,000 law enforcers will provide security to the voters, teachers, and poll officials.
Speaking on Monday’s press briefing at the PRO XI’s grandstand in Camp Quintin Merecido, Brig. Gen. Marcelo Morales, said they already identified all personnel that will be deployed in different areas as part of the security plan for the election.
“I can assure that we are 100% ready during the elections,” he said, adding that they haven’t recorded any election-related violence in the region since Jan. 13.
The regional police director also said that they have not identified any private armed group in the region, although they received information regarding gun-for-hire men coming from other areas.
“We are in constant coordination with the different intelligence communities that monitor possible groups that might enter here that will operate in the areas of responsibilities of Region XI,” he added.
Meanwhile, he said they have 175 PNP personnel on standby who can replace Board of Election inspectors in case teachers will back out. They are also closely working with the AFP to thwart any terror group that may take advantage of the situation.
For now, a bulk of the personnel will be deployed in Davao del Sur, Compostela Valley, and Davao del Norte following reports of armed groups—particularly the New People’s Army—in these areas.
“We have not recorded any election-related violence. There are some incidents involving some local officials but after our validation, (we found out that) they are not election-related,” he said.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market