Agriculture Secretary Emmanuel Piñol announced that buko will be the official energy drink of the Palarong Pambansa, which kicks off this April 27 in Davao City.
In a Facebook post, he said the coconut farmer-leader Laureano Callao, Jr. and his group already talked with the organizing committee of the Palarong Pambansa for the launching of the “Buko Vida Kiosk” at the UP Mindanao venue.
He said this marks “a historic milestone in the efforts of the coconut industry to promote it as a health and energy drink.” Through this idea, he expects a boost in the sale of young coconuts.
The DA and the Philippine Coconut Authority have been promoting coconut water as a health drink and food as part of the program “to provide additional income to coconut farmers all over the country.”
On Monday, Piñol was set to officially submit a letter asking “Buko” Water as the official energy drink of the Palarong Pambansa to Education Secretary Leonor Mirasol Briones.
Meanwhile, coconut farmers are also eyeing to promote buko as official energy drink for the 30th Southeast Asian Games that will be held at the New Clark City in Pampanga, Manila, Subic, and BLT (Batangas, La Union, and Tagaytay) this coming Nov. 30 to Dec. 10.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1