The tribal leaders of the Matigsalug tribe in Marilog District were provided with education on the guidelines on Free Prior and Informed Consent (FPIC).
The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) conducted the Kapit-Bisig Laban sa Kahirapan Comprehensive and Integrated Delivery of Social Services Payapa at Masaganang Pamayanan Indigenous People – Community Driven Development (Kalahi-CIDSS PAMANA IP-CDD) Ancestral Domain (AD) Assembly in Sitio Marahan, Barangay Marilog Proper, Marilog District.
“The Ancestral Domain Assembly, (as a) part of the Social Preparation stage of Kalahi-CIDSS PAMANA IP-CDD, ensures that any sub-project decided upon by the community, which will be built or implemented within ancestral lands protected and possessed by IP groups should pass approval from the IP group and their leaders. In this way, the path towards empowerment and progress do not trample on other people’s rights,” DSWD Regional Director Mercedita Jabagat said.
Aside from FPIC, the AD Assembly also aimed to provide detailed features of Kalahi-CIDSS PAMANA IP-CDD, and the significant provisions of the Indigenous Peoples Rights Act.
The Kalahi-CIDSS PAMANA IP-CDD program aims to provide basic services in IP communities by supporting the implementation of the Ancestral Domain Sustainable Development Protection Plan (ADSDPP), strengthening partnership of local governance institutions and the Indigenous Political Structures (IPS), and building the communities’ resilience to conflict.
In region XI, the DSWD allots P131.6 million for the IP-CDD implementation.
“The Kalahi-CIDSS PAMANA IP-CDD respects our tribe by consulting us, involving us in project implementation. The program respects our cultural rights,” said Datu Carlito Guinto Sr., deputy mayor of Matigsalug tribe in Marilog.
The attending tribal leaders from the said tribe, representing the sectors from elders, youth, and women, also appointed the Community Sub-Project Management Committee (CSPMC).
The said committee is a group composed of community volunteers entrusted with the responsibility of managing the subproject with the technical assistance of the DSWD Area Coordinating Team (ACT).
“The formation of CSPMC ensures that the program provides everyone the opportunity to be heard especially in making decisions for his/her community. IP communities are able to participate in informed decision making for their community sub-projects,” Merlinda Paragamac, DSWD Promotive Services Division chief, said.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success