A 19-year-old suspected gang leader was killed after he allegedly fought Sta. Ana police operatives during a buy-bust operation in RGA Diamond Street, Barangay Paciano Bangoy, Agdao District last Friday.
Major Michael Uyanguren, the Sta. Ana police station chief, identified the suspect as Kobe Jan Donayre Maglanat, alias Kobe, single, jobless, and a resident of Purok Sta Teresa, Dacudao, Agdao District.
Maglanat was said to be leader of a youth gang known as Midnight Boys.
According to the police report, the operating team launched the operation after Maglanat was pointed as a drug source in Agdao.
A police operative who acted as poseur-buyer was able to buy a sachet of shabu for P500 at around 1 p.m. last Friday.
The undercover agent then declared to arrest the suspect.
But the suspect allegedly resisted arrest and drew a firearm.
He deliberately shot the policeman who avoid being hit.
This prompted the operative to fire back.
The operating team rushed the suspect to the Southern Philippine Medical Center.
He was pronounced dead on arrival.
A team from the Scene of Crime Operatives XI, led by Major Nolan Genova, recovered a homemade .38 revolver without serial number loaded with three live ammunition and one fired ammunition in the crime scene.
Further, they recovered four elongated sachets containing shabu, one rolled paper containing suspected dried marijuana leaves and fruiting tops and P500 in the possession of the suspect at the hospital.
- AboitizPower celebrates Women’s Month
- P31-million in fire damage recorded in Q1 2023
- Safe travels
- Dry spell looms
- No rest for weary as Davao City gears up for Holy Week
- 10th ID chief thanks security cluster for orderly Ironman
- ROUGH CUTS| Two new influential neighbors
- Bukidnon Ranch Shifts Away from Traditional Cattle Breeding through Bionova’s Biotech
- Davao City assesses safety measures after Ironman triathlete’s passing
- PRO XI to look into lapses after Ironman athlete crashes into boy