A city-based business content creator has campaigned for financial literacy among millennials through an online platform.
“What I usually do is basically to maximize social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter at the same time we produce videos that talks about business, finance and life,” Jan Ocampo, founder of The Present, said last during the Wednesdays @ Habi at Kape – Abreeza.
The Present is an online platform established in February 2018 where business, finance and life related contents are shared “to inspire people to live a meaningful life”.
Ocampo cited one of the 144 contents it has created which went viral, the “Bayari na imong utang oi,” a video that he created and has accumulated 4.5 million views.
“All we are trying to do is to give our thoughts about those three topics and post it online. That’s how its model works,” Ocampo said.
They are also inviting guests “from different establishments (like) financial consultants, financial advisers and even business owners to educate people,” he said as he also conducts workshops and talks in universities in the city through a business simulation module.
- Gawilan formalizes Tokyo Paralmpics bid
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 7,300 CASES FILED | City pursues charge vs violators of COVID-19 health protocols
- Air assets on standby to help LGUs send supplies, vaccines
- DOH XI | No new variant in Mati City
- KISSA AND DAWAT | Merit-based selection: Can it be done?
- TURNING POINT | Bubble herd immunity
- PLAIN AND SIMPLE | To vaccine or not
- ROUGH CUTS | Where ‘deception’ makes good strategy
- URC weathers difficult times with its people-first approach