A city-based business content creator has campaigned for financial literacy among millennials through an online platform.
“What I usually do is basically to maximize social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter at the same time we produce videos that talks about business, finance and life,” Jan Ocampo, founder of The Present, said last during the Wednesdays @ Habi at Kape – Abreeza.
The Present is an online platform established in February 2018 where business, finance and life related contents are shared “to inspire people to live a meaningful life”.
Ocampo cited one of the 144 contents it has created which went viral, the “Bayari na imong utang oi,” a video that he created and has accumulated 4.5 million views.
“All we are trying to do is to give our thoughts about those three topics and post it online. That’s how its model works,” Ocampo said.
They are also inviting guests “from different establishments (like) financial consultants, financial advisers and even business owners to educate people,” he said as he also conducts workshops and talks in universities in the city through a business simulation module.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | May be it’s time for the SP to probe
- Former NPA rebel pinpoints location of buried weapons
- Drug suspect killed during buy-bust
- Simulation exercise vs. terror inside public school a success
- City joins Lunhaw Expo
- Davao de Oro Police Office hailed as best in Davao Region
- 14 barangays declared free of illegal drugs
- UPDATED PROMISE | Official: Bulk water project to start operations in March
- MAD Talks presents: Sa Ngayon, Padayon