The combined troops of the 3rd Infantry Battalion, 56th Infantry Battalion and 101st Division Reconnaissance Company (DRC) figured in five combat encounters against the New People’s Army in one day.
The said operation led to the recovery of recovery of five high-powered firearms, two fragmentation grenades, and one improvised explosive device.
Col. Nolasco Mempin, the commander of the 1003rd Infantry Brigade, said the troops encountered members of the Front Committee 56, Sub-regional Command 5, Southern Mindanao Regional Committee at the outskirts of Barangay Sinuda, Kitaotao, Bukidnon.
Mempin said the skirmishes also led to the recovery of a 20-meter wire, one generator set, five backpacks, seven cellphones, one power bank, and subversive documents.
On April 7, one unidentified rebel was killed when a platoon from the 3rd IB clashed with the same group at 10:20 a.m.
After 15 minutes, the rebels fled triggering another clash with another platoon from the same battalion. That lasted for nearly half an hour and resulted in the recovery of AK-47 rifle; one LED switch; five backpacks; seven cell phones; two grenades; one power bank; and subversive documents.
At 2:28 p.m. of same day, approximately half a kilometer away from the previous encounter, combined troops of the 101st DRC and 3rd IB intercepted the fleeing rebels. A 40-minute firefight ensued, leading to the recovery of four AK-47 rifles, one piece generator, and medical paraphernalia.
Another two separate clashes near the previous skirmishes transpired later in the afternoon between the same group and different platoons of 3IB.
Col. Nolasco Mempin, the 1003rd Infantry Brigade commander, said the rebels are “all exhausted and suffering because of lack of food and proper medication.”
- AboitizPower celebrates Women’s Month
- P31-million in fire damage recorded in Q1 2023
- Safe travels
- Dry spell looms
- No rest for weary as Davao City gears up for Holy Week
- 10th ID chief thanks security cluster for orderly Ironman
- ROUGH CUTS| Two new influential neighbors
- Bukidnon Ranch Shifts Away from Traditional Cattle Breeding through Bionova’s Biotech
- Davao City assesses safety measures after Ironman triathlete’s passing
- PRO XI to look into lapses after Ironman athlete crashes into boy