A 59-year-old man was arrested by the joint operation of the Criminal investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) XI and the Talomo Police Station in NHA, Barangay Ma-a at 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday.
Major Milgrace Driz, the head of the CIDG XI-Davao City Field Unit, said Florencio Rontas Edusma, married, 59, resident of Waling-Waling in Buhangin was arrested in an entrapment operation.
He’s facing a charge for violation of R.A. 10591, Comelec Resolution No. 10446, Article 151 of the Revised Penal Code (resistance and disobedience), Article 282 of RPC (grave threats), and Article 315 paragraph 2(a) or estafa by false pretenses.
Confiscated from the suspect were one .38 caliber revolver, five bullets, P1,000 marked money, and a cellular phone.
Driz said they have intensified their campaign against loose firearms in line with the upcoming mid-term elections.
“We inwardly uphold and strengthen our mandate to protect the tranquility and sanctity of the election period,” she added.
“We are urging the public to report to the CIDG-Davao City any violator of the law and those who are using prominent names and government offices to collect money for personal interest or gain and to intimidate others,” she further said.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market