A 59-year-old man was arrested by the joint operation of the Criminal investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) XI and the Talomo Police Station in NHA, Barangay Ma-a at 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday.
Major Milgrace Driz, the head of the CIDG XI-Davao City Field Unit, said Florencio Rontas Edusma, married, 59, resident of Waling-Waling in Buhangin was arrested in an entrapment operation.
He’s facing a charge for violation of R.A. 10591, Comelec Resolution No. 10446, Article 151 of the Revised Penal Code (resistance and disobedience), Article 282 of RPC (grave threats), and Article 315 paragraph 2(a) or estafa by false pretenses.
Confiscated from the suspect were one .38 caliber revolver, five bullets, P1,000 marked money, and a cellular phone.
Driz said they have intensified their campaign against loose firearms in line with the upcoming mid-term elections.
“We inwardly uphold and strengthen our mandate to protect the tranquility and sanctity of the election period,” she added.
“We are urging the public to report to the CIDG-Davao City any violator of the law and those who are using prominent names and government offices to collect money for personal interest or gain and to intimidate others,” she further said.
- Gawilan formalizes Tokyo Paralmpics bid
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 7,300 CASES FILED | City pursues charge vs violators of COVID-19 health protocols
- Air assets on standby to help LGUs send supplies, vaccines
- DOH XI | No new variant in Mati City
- KISSA AND DAWAT | Merit-based selection: Can it be done?
- TURNING POINT | Bubble herd immunity
- PLAIN AND SIMPLE | To vaccine or not
- ROUGH CUTS | Where ‘deception’ makes good strategy
- URC weathers difficult times with its people-first approach