As the lead disaster response agency in the country, the Department of Social Welfare and Development launched the first Disaster Response Monitoring and Information Center (DROMIC) Summit on April 9 at the Pinnacle Hotel in Davao City.
With the theme “Enhancing Community Resilience thru Innovations in Information Technology and Data Sharing,” the DROMIC Summit 2019 aims to strengthen the disaster information management system of the DSWD by enhancing the knowledge and skills of disaster response personnel. Some of the topics discussed were disaster data gathering, monitoring, coordination, information communication, and technology and data analytics, among others.
It was organized by the Disaster Response Management Bureau which leads in the management of disaster response information and emergency operations of the department. The Summit was participated in by DROMIC-Central and Field Offices, Disaster Response Management division heads and representatives from other cluster-members and private agencies.
(Photo credits: Tomas Avancena/Marilyn Roque)
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission