Davao City – Some 160 entries have already confirmed in the much-anticipated Mt. Apo Sky and Vertical Race this April 13 to 14 on an out and back route starting at the Ground Zero point in Baranga Derong.
“This time we have more international entries who confirmed their participation,” said Julius Paner, Sr. Tourism Officer of Sta. Cruz, Davao del Sur in yesterday’s Davao Sportswriters Association (DSA) Forum at the SM City Davao.
Paner came to the weekly sports Forum along with race coordinator Doi Calbes and international runner Jan Ritchie of Canada.
Ritchie will be one of the international runners competing along with other entries from Scotland, United States, United Kingdom, Malaysia, Mexico, Switzerland, Singapore, Russia, Japan, Australia, South Africa, Thailand, France, Indonesia and England.
“We are expecting our runners from our country Philippines to give them a good run to the finish line,” he added.
As for Ritchie, he also bared that he has been in training since September of last year for the race.
“I really prepared for this since it will be my third time to join,” Ritchie said.
Race routes will cover 100 and 50 kilometers with different turning points.
As of yesterday, some 99 entries confirmed in the 100km and 56 in the 50km.
- ROUGH CUTS | Run that nuclear power plant
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – MAY 25, 2022
- DTI 11 urges consumers to help in monitoring new SRPs
- SCENE CITY | Pidoks blesses fourth branch
- WANDERLUST | DA, NCCA, DOT lead Filipino Food Month celebration
- Next admin told | Build Samal bridge to improve DavNor power
- Tagum City sets record for most biodiverse observations
- CCCs offer free swabbing, teleconsultation services
- ‘Multi-layered security plan’ readied for Sara’s oathtaking
- City still enjoys low rates for COVID, 2 weeks after polls