Direct flights between the city and foreign destinations, like the Doha-Davao flight which will start on June 19, is expected to contribute to the economic growth of the city, an official of the Davao City Chamber of Commerce and Industry said yesterday.
“I believe the Qatar Airways from Doha will be arriving on June 18 which is the day right before the investment conference (ICon) and to just to give you a little insight, it is countries like Qatar that more business delegations expressed their intent to participate the conference,” said John Carlo B. Tria, DCCCI vice president, during the Wednesdays @ Habi at Kape–Abreeza.
Tria said the upcoming air linkage is an indication that foreign investors have recognized the potentials of the city.
He even said that he is expecting that about half of the expected 1,000 delegates to the event will be from areas outside the city, including those from other countries.
Tria said: “This time we are getting more interest from outside the country and the international direct flights are actually enablers of this kind of participation.”
He explained that investors usually would want direct flight between the areas of origin and their prospective areas so they could save time and resources.
He said among those that have indicated that they would attend the event are those coming from Japan, China, South Korea, and Taiwan.
- Responder drowns
- HONORING MY MOTHER: Going your own way
- ROUGH CUTS| What’s behind Mayor Baste’s silence?
- Davao ICon 2023 showcases the region’s finest
- BJMP XI offers free rides every Thursdays this month
- FORTY-SOMETHING FIRST-TIME MOM | Confessions of an angry mama
- EGALITARIAN: Nano industry and spectrum of industries
- Globe Group shares story of purpose-led transformation in UN’s Vision 2045 documentary series
- Davao Light energizes four sitios in Davao del Norte
- Full confidence