An alleged Communist rebel was killed and six firearms recovered following a clash in Sitio Ngaran, Barangay Kipilas, Kitaotao, Bukidnon at 9:50 a.m. on Sunday.
Capt. John Timothy Tagle, the civil-military operations officer of the 1003rd Infantry Brigade, said a 15-minute clash ensued between 3rd Infantry Battalion troops and New People’s Army rebels. Reportedly, the soldiers acted on a tip from residents regarding the presence of an armed group in the area.
Tagle said the soldiers encountered more or less 30 rebels, believed to be members of the Guerrilla Front 56, Sub-Regional Command 5, Southern Mindanao Regional Committee under a certain Ka Egor.
Another clash transpired around 10:15 a.m. as troops of Alpha Company of the same battalion conducted a pursuit operation against the escaping rebels. The second firefight lasted for almost two hours, which resulted in one rebel killed.
After the encounter, they recovered one AK-47 rifle; one M653 rifle; M16 rifle; three .45 caliber pistols; one improvised bomb; personal belongings, and subversive documents.
He said no civilians were hurt in the encounters.
Lt. Col. Oscar Partuza, the commanding officer of the 3rd IB, said urged the cooperation of the community in finally ending communist rebellion.
- ROUGH CUTS | Run that nuclear power plant
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – MAY 25, 2022
- DTI 11 urges consumers to help in monitoring new SRPs
- SCENE CITY | Pidoks blesses fourth branch
- WANDERLUST | DA, NCCA, DOT lead Filipino Food Month celebration
- Next admin told | Build Samal bridge to improve DavNor power
- Tagum City sets record for most biodiverse observations
- CCCs offer free swabbing, teleconsultation services
- ‘Multi-layered security plan’ readied for Sara’s oathtaking
- City still enjoys low rates for COVID, 2 weeks after polls