An alleged Communist rebel was killed and six firearms recovered following a clash in Sitio Ngaran, Barangay Kipilas, Kitaotao, Bukidnon at 9:50 a.m. on Sunday.
Capt. John Timothy Tagle, the civil-military operations officer of the 1003rd Infantry Brigade, said a 15-minute clash ensued between 3rd Infantry Battalion troops and New People’s Army rebels. Reportedly, the soldiers acted on a tip from residents regarding the presence of an armed group in the area.
Tagle said the soldiers encountered more or less 30 rebels, believed to be members of the Guerrilla Front 56, Sub-Regional Command 5, Southern Mindanao Regional Committee under a certain Ka Egor.
Another clash transpired around 10:15 a.m. as troops of Alpha Company of the same battalion conducted a pursuit operation against the escaping rebels. The second firefight lasted for almost two hours, which resulted in one rebel killed.
After the encounter, they recovered one AK-47 rifle; one M653 rifle; M16 rifle; three .45 caliber pistols; one improvised bomb; personal belongings, and subversive documents.
He said no civilians were hurt in the encounters.
Lt. Col. Oscar Partuza, the commanding officer of the 3rd IB, said urged the cooperation of the community in finally ending communist rebellion.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | May be it’s time for the SP to probe
- Former NPA rebel pinpoints location of buried weapons
- Drug suspect killed during buy-bust
- Simulation exercise vs. terror inside public school a success
- City joins Lunhaw Expo
- Davao de Oro Police Office hailed as best in Davao Region
- 14 barangays declared free of illegal drugs
- UPDATED PROMISE | Official: Bulk water project to start operations in March
- MAD Talks presents: Sa Ngayon, Padayon