An alleged Communist rebel was killed and six firearms recovered following a clash in Sitio Ngaran, Barangay Kipilas, Kitaotao, Bukidnon at 9:50 a.m. on Sunday.
Capt. John Timothy Tagle, the civil-military operations officer of the 1003rd Infantry Brigade, said a 15-minute clash ensued between 3rd Infantry Battalion troops and New People’s Army rebels. Reportedly, the soldiers acted on a tip from residents regarding the presence of an armed group in the area.
Tagle said the soldiers encountered more or less 30 rebels, believed to be members of the Guerrilla Front 56, Sub-Regional Command 5, Southern Mindanao Regional Committee under a certain Ka Egor.
Another clash transpired around 10:15 a.m. as troops of Alpha Company of the same battalion conducted a pursuit operation against the escaping rebels. The second firefight lasted for almost two hours, which resulted in one rebel killed.
After the encounter, they recovered one AK-47 rifle; one M653 rifle; M16 rifle; three .45 caliber pistols; one improvised bomb; personal belongings, and subversive documents.
He said no civilians were hurt in the encounters.
Lt. Col. Oscar Partuza, the commanding officer of the 3rd IB, said urged the cooperation of the community in finally ending communist rebellion.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories