An alleged Communist rebel was killed and six firearms recovered following a clash in Sitio Ngaran, Barangay Kipilas, Kitaotao, Bukidnon at 9:50 a.m. on Sunday.
Capt. John Timothy Tagle, the civil-military operations officer of the 1003rd Infantry Brigade, said a 15-minute clash ensued between 3rd Infantry Battalion troops and New People’s Army rebels. Reportedly, the soldiers acted on a tip from residents regarding the presence of an armed group in the area.
Tagle said the soldiers encountered more or less 30 rebels, believed to be members of the Guerrilla Front 56, Sub-Regional Command 5, Southern Mindanao Regional Committee under a certain Ka Egor.
Another clash transpired around 10:15 a.m. as troops of Alpha Company of the same battalion conducted a pursuit operation against the escaping rebels. The second firefight lasted for almost two hours, which resulted in one rebel killed.
After the encounter, they recovered one AK-47 rifle; one M653 rifle; M16 rifle; three .45 caliber pistols; one improvised bomb; personal belongings, and subversive documents.
He said no civilians were hurt in the encounters.
Lt. Col. Oscar Partuza, the commanding officer of the 3rd IB, said urged the cooperation of the community in finally ending communist rebellion.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission