A seven year old was killed by a passing vehicle in Sitio Upper Kibalang, Barangay Marilog, Marilog District, at 4:25 p.m. on Monday.
The Isuzu pick-up truck driven by Jecyle Ann Pislan Cabantug, 29, businesswoman, a resident of Solariega Subdivision, hit Ayan Lalantacon, a resident of Sitio Upper Kibalang.
Initial investigation revealed that subject vehicle was traversing along the Davao-Bukidnon national highway heading towards Davao City.
Reportedly, the girl crossed the highway and the driver could not evade her.
The seven-year-old was rushed by the driver to the Isaac T. Robillo Hospital in Calinan. But she was declared dead on arrival.
The driver is being temporarily held as she faces a case of reckless impudence resulting in homicide.
Vincent James T. Toring/ UM Intern
- Overhauling the Philippine education system
- STATEMENT |
- DIPLOMATIC RELATIONS | Prime Minister SUGA Yoshihide and President Rodrigo Duterte on the occasion of the 65th Anniversary of Japan-Philippines Friendship
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- NEW FEATURE | Residents can choose vax schedule using DQR
- 19 undergo process to return to mainstream society
- Program to provide help to those affected by HPBS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES | JULY 29, 2021
- Mindanawan lass slays US air defense artillery course