The local government eyes to start implementing the High Priority Bus System (HPBS) before the year ends, a city official said.
The implementation of the HPBS was among the highlights in the launching of the Davao City Transport Roadmap on Monday at the Sangguniang Panlungsod building.
“We in the local government will strive to start the operation of HPBS before this year ends even to one or two routes in the city,” Assistant City Administrator Atty. Dwight Domingo told reporters.
“This is a major transition in our city’s transport system where we shift from jeepneys to buses.”
This major transport upgrade, according to Domingo, will give Dabawenyos the service it deserves “such as they will no longer be late because of transportation issues, security and cleanliness of vehicles, and all day round availability of buses.
The Department of Transportation (DOTr) also expressed its support to the plans of the city in its transport system through financial aid.
“The DOTr forged a MOA with the city government that we will be downloading an amount of P50 million for the Transport Masterplan and P200 million for a social support and livelihood project to with the launching of the project,” DOTr Assistant Sec. Eymard Eje said.
The city will craft a transport masterplan that will include studies that dates back to 2011 after it consolidated comments and suggestions on the roadmap exhibit.
The city held an exhibit showcasing the said roadmap that will run from April 8 to April 17 to consult the public on the traffic and transport issues.
“We welcome any comment or suggestions on our current traffic situation or the roadmap we presented. In this way, we may study if we will include or implement their suggestions,” Domingo said.
- Exec: Davao light spending P1.85-B in capex in 2021
- Microsoft unveils immersive education solutions to inspire educators in reimagining learning experiences
- Damosa, IWG unveil franchise partnership
- EDITORIAL | The community press today
- STATEMENT | Ending violence and ensuring jobs and rights for Filipina OFWs
- City In Photos
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Automatic writing
- Philippine Media Statement On the Anti-Terrorism Act of 2020
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- City In Photos