Love triangle was cited as a motive in a stabbing in Tigatto, Buhangin District at 11 p.m. of April 6.
Personnel from the Buhangin Police Station identified the victim as Gilbert Maasim, 22, security guard and a resident of Aprique, Tigatto, Buhangin.
The suspect, meanwhile, was Crisanto Mamacalias alias Antoy, 23, a construction worker and a resident of Purok 11, Barangay Communal, Buhangin.
The victim was walking along Tigatto road and stopped in front of HB1 store.
The suspect arrived and stabbed him with an ice pick on his left arm, left shoulder, and back.
He was rushed to the Southern Philippines Medical Center while the suspect escaped.
According to the police, the suspect was the former boyfriend of the present live-in partner of the victim.
The suspect was arrested in a manhunt on April 7. He is now detained in Buhangin Police Station. (Mary Colleen C. Balbutin/UM Intern)
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories