Three more communities declared the New People’s Army as persona non-grata in Caraga region.
Capt. Regie Go, the division public affairs office chief of the 4th Infantry Division, said two more towns and one barangay in Caraga passed resolutions condemning the Communist Party of the Philippines, its armed wing, and front organizations.
Go said the peace and order councils of San Francisco in Agusan del Sur and Tagbina in Surigao del Sur, along with Barangay Ilang-Ilang of Loreto, Agusan del Sur, have declared the guerrillas as persona non grata.
“The intensified ‘whole-of-nation’ approach and “peaceful war” efforts of the local government units, together with the 4th Infantry Division and other stakeholders, are causing the rebels to lose ground,” he said.At present, one province, three municipalities, and 18 barangays in Northern Mindanao and Caraga have already declared the NPA and its front organizations unwelcome in their places.
The communities are: the province of Surigao del Sur; the municipalities of San Francisco and Sibagat of Agusan del Sur; Tagbina, Surigao del Sur; Barangay San Pedro, San Luis, Agusan del Sur; Barangay Maharlika, Bislig City Surigao del Sur; Barangay Ilang-ilang, Loreto, Agusan del Sur; Barangay Camam-onan, Gigaguit, Surigao del Norte; Barangay Mampi and Pakwan in Lanuza, Surigao del Sur; Barangay San Roque, Madrid, Surigao del Sur; Barangay Cabangahan, Cantilan, Surigao del Sur; Barangay Pantukan, Carrascal, Surigao del Sur; Barangay Imbayao and Barangay Mapayag of Malaybalay City in Bukidnon; Barangay New Eden and Barangay Concepcion of Pangantucan, Bukidnon; Barangay Kaatuan, Lantapan, Bukidnon; Barangay Guinoyoran; Barangay Barobo; Barangay Lurugan; and Barangay San Carlos, all of Valencia City, Bukidnon.
Maj. Gen. Franco Nemesio M. Gacal, commander of the 4th ID, said, “I truly appreciate the effort and initiatives of our local government units in their gallant stand and genuine concern of protecting and saving their constituents against deception and lies of the communist terrorists group.”
“It is high time for us to unite and end communist insurgency by addressing the identified socio-economic concerns in order to attain inclusive and sustainable peace in Caraga and Northern Mindanao,” Gacal said.
- AboitizPower’s Hedcor celebrates 45th anniversary
- PRO XI: Heighten patrols to keep streets safe
- 8 Injury Prevention Tips for Older Athletes
- KonsultaMD SuperApp: A game-changer in Philippine healthcare
- MTCP Alumni feted by Malaysian Consul General Consul General of Malaysia, Hon. Deddy Faisal Ahmad Salleh
- Consul General of Malaysia Mr. Deddy Faisal Bin Ahmad speech at High Tea Reception in honour of MTCP Alumni
- Globe shifts Iloilo facility to renewable energy, total sites on clean energy now at 25
- ROUGH CUTS| We’re starting to read through the pictures
- Poplar invites UX designers and writers to Designers Homecoming
- 62 fire victims get cash aid