Agents of the Sasa Police Station arrested two men in an anti-illegal drug operation in Km. 13, Zone 3, Barangay Panacan, Bunawan District on at 8:40 a.m. Wednesday.Major Reuben T. Libera, the Sasa Police Station commander, identified the suspects as Ronie Cillon Narvasa, alias Roy, 36, of the particular zone, and Majed Muhamad Gonzales, 34, of Km. 11, Zone 5, Fatima Village, Sasa, Buhangin District.
Operatives seized a rectangular heat-sealed transparent plastic sachet, suspected to contain shabu, and a caliber .38 revolver loaded with three live ammunitions. The P500 buy-bust money was also recovered.
Police coordinated with the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) in conducting the operation after receiving reports against the suspects.
The two are now under the custody of the Sasa Police Station. They will be charged for violating Republic Act 9165 (drug pushing) and RA 10591 (illegal possession of firearms).
Ana Lea Patricia B. De Guzman and Saimehen P. Iluis, UM Interns
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | May be it’s time for the SP to probe
- Former NPA rebel pinpoints location of buried weapons
- Drug suspect killed during buy-bust
- Simulation exercise vs. terror inside public school a success
- City joins Lunhaw Expo
- Davao de Oro Police Office hailed as best in Davao Region
- 14 barangays declared free of illegal drugs
- UPDATED PROMISE | Official: Bulk water project to start operations in March
- MAD Talks presents: Sa Ngayon, Padayon