A namesake of a popular singer was arrested for allegedly firing a gun Thursday in NHA-Bangkal, Barangay Talomo Proper, Talomo District.A report from the Talomo Police Station identified the suspect as Christian Bautista, 33, of Carnation Street, Phase 1, NHA-Bangkal.
Operatives went to Bautista’s residence after receiving reports from the Central Base 911.
Upon reaching the site, the responding officers arrested Bautista for allegedly firing a gun twice.
Police recovered a caliber .38 pistol with one magazine, two empty shells, and six live ammos.
The suspect, said to physically challenged, allegedly threatened to kill himself. This prompted his father Rolando Posadas Bautista, 72, and aunt Cristina Posadas Bautista to seek police assistance.
The suspect will be charged for violation of RA 10591 or the Comprehensive Firearms and Ammunition Regulation Act of 2013. (Saimehen P. Iluis/UM Intern)
- Campaign highlights importance of supporting children, says WV
- Airline heeds call for faster vaccine rollout
- The mom, her 3 kids and the work that gave her more
- Mask for a Cause at Kultura
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- `E-sabong’ gets nod
- NO TO MIXING | Expert urges residents to register for jabs, warns vs vaccine mixing
- EastMinCom units rewarded with cash
- High infection rate indicates better approach vs virus, say
- 2 nabbed, P1-M in shabu seized