Davao City – Some 40 teams are to show their wares in this year’s edition of the Allianz-PNB Futsal Youth Invitational Mindanao Regional Final Qualifier which reels off this May 8 and 9.
“We still have to set the venue here in Davao but we expect only these number of teams to join. Hopefully, we will get teams from nearby cities,” said PFF (Philippine Football Federation) Futsal Head Kevin Goco on Saturday’s launching at the Marco Polo Hotel.
The Davao leg which is tied up Davao Football Federation (DFA) will be part of the nine elimination series which will kick off this month. Registration is now open for boys and girls ages 16 and 14 years-old and under.
Other elimination rounds include Bacolod City (Visayas Regional Final Qualifer) on April 8-22; Tubod, Lanao del Norte (Mindanao Regional Final Qualifier) on April 13-14; Lingayen, Pangasinan (Luzon Regional Final Qualifier) on April 23-24; Iloilo City (Visayas Regional Final Qualifier) on May 2-3; Cebu City (Visayas Regional Final Qualifier) on May 11-12; Muntinlupa, Metro Manila (Luzon Regional Final Qualifier) on May 8-9; Koronadal, South Cotabato (Mindanao Regional Final Qualifier) on May 11-12 and in Angeles City, Pampanga (Luzon Regional Final Qualifier) on May 25-26.
“This year, we aim to reach out to as many kids from around the country. We expect a total of 4,000 kids nationwide,” Goco added.
The top two teams in each age group of each of the local elimination rounds will then qualify for their respective Regional Finals.
Davao City will also play host to the Mindanao Regional Finals on May 18-18 while Bacolod City will handle the Visayas Regional Finals on May 25-26. Calamba, Laguna will then handle the Luzon Regional Finals on June 29-30.
The teams that will make it to the Regional Finals will receive food subsidies, options for free accommodations (only for out of town teams), and even transportation subsidies from their home area to the tournament venue.
The Allianz-PNB Futsal Youth Invitational in partnership with the Henry V. Moran Foundation and the PFF is part of the Allianz Explorer Camp Football Edition which is one of the most successful international youth football camps recognized worldwide. Promising young football players will be given the chance to participate in the Asia and Europe legs of the camp plus an opportunity to join the camp in Singapore and in Munich, Germany.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- As many as 27,000 booster shots can be administered daily: official
- Vaccination rollout for 5-11 age group pilot-tested in Manila first before DC
- 5 arrested in buy-bust, drug den raid
- Honda introduces its newest rough terrain bike
- Jarlo Bâse marks his major label debut with soulful, laid-back track “Kalapati”
- J-Pop queen Hikaru Utada delivers another pop masterpiece with eighth studio album, Bad Mode
- Concepcion backs DOLE’s call to private sector employers, but insists it should be voluntary
- WANDERLUST | Blue Lotus Hotel holds relaunch
- NPA regional committee in R-11 to be dismantled in next months