Two suspected members of the New People’s Army (NPA) were killed in an encounter with government troopers in Digos City, Davao del Sur at 7:15 a.m., Friday.The identity of the two casualties are still unknown.
Capt. Jerry Lamosao, the spokesperson of the 10th Infantry Division, said a section of Bravo Company and Scout Platoon of the 39th Infantry Battalion were conducted operation in Sitio Lanan, Barangay Goma, Digos City when they encountered undetermined number of rebels, said to be under Guerilla Front 51, Southern Mindanao Regional Committee.
Lamosao said the soldiers patrolled the area upon receiving a report that rebels were sighted at the vicinity conducting extortion in the barangays.
The firefight lasted for 45 minutes.
The rebels withdrew to the south direction and soldiers were able to recover a high powered firearm from the site of the fighting. There was no casualty on the government side.
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?