Two suspected members of the New People’s Army (NPA) were killed in an encounter with government troopers in Digos City, Davao del Sur at 7:15 a.m., Friday.The identity of the two casualties are still unknown.
Capt. Jerry Lamosao, the spokesperson of the 10th Infantry Division, said a section of Bravo Company and Scout Platoon of the 39th Infantry Battalion were conducted operation in Sitio Lanan, Barangay Goma, Digos City when they encountered undetermined number of rebels, said to be under Guerilla Front 51, Southern Mindanao Regional Committee.
Lamosao said the soldiers patrolled the area upon receiving a report that rebels were sighted at the vicinity conducting extortion in the barangays.
The firefight lasted for 45 minutes.
The rebels withdrew to the south direction and soldiers were able to recover a high powered firearm from the site of the fighting. There was no casualty on the government side.
- ROUGH CUTS | Run that nuclear power plant
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – MAY 25, 2022
- DTI 11 urges consumers to help in monitoring new SRPs
- SCENE CITY | Pidoks blesses fourth branch
- WANDERLUST | DA, NCCA, DOT lead Filipino Food Month celebration
- Next admin told | Build Samal bridge to improve DavNor power
- Tagum City sets record for most biodiverse observations
- CCCs offer free swabbing, teleconsultation services
- ‘Multi-layered security plan’ readied for Sara’s oathtaking
- City still enjoys low rates for COVID, 2 weeks after polls