Two suspected members of the New People’s Army (NPA) were killed in an encounter with government troopers in Digos City, Davao del Sur at 7:15 a.m., Friday.The identity of the two casualties are still unknown.
Capt. Jerry Lamosao, the spokesperson of the 10th Infantry Division, said a section of Bravo Company and Scout Platoon of the 39th Infantry Battalion were conducted operation in Sitio Lanan, Barangay Goma, Digos City when they encountered undetermined number of rebels, said to be under Guerilla Front 51, Southern Mindanao Regional Committee.
Lamosao said the soldiers patrolled the area upon receiving a report that rebels were sighted at the vicinity conducting extortion in the barangays.
The firefight lasted for 45 minutes.
The rebels withdrew to the south direction and soldiers were able to recover a high powered firearm from the site of the fighting. There was no casualty on the government side.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WRITING DETOURS | Confessions of a Fortnite virgin
- ROUGH CUTS | Were they neophyte traffic law enforcers?
- DUBIOUS DISTINCTION | Davao City supplants QC on daily COVID cases: researcher
- 858 affected workers apply for government financial aid
- PSC says yes to Tokyo Olympics budget from POC
- Go Negosyo, PCCI, OCTA Research join hands to push population protection
- DOLE-Davao hosts virtual job fair
- NPA rebel killed in Misamis clash
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Shot again