Two suspected members of the New People’s Army (NPA) were killed in an encounter with government troopers in Digos City, Davao del Sur at 7:15 a.m., Friday.The identity of the two casualties are still unknown.
Capt. Jerry Lamosao, the spokesperson of the 10th Infantry Division, said a section of Bravo Company and Scout Platoon of the 39th Infantry Battalion were conducted operation in Sitio Lanan, Barangay Goma, Digos City when they encountered undetermined number of rebels, said to be under Guerilla Front 51, Southern Mindanao Regional Committee.
Lamosao said the soldiers patrolled the area upon receiving a report that rebels were sighted at the vicinity conducting extortion in the barangays.
The firefight lasted for 45 minutes.
The rebels withdrew to the south direction and soldiers were able to recover a high powered firearm from the site of the fighting. There was no casualty on the government side.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market