Walk-in and baggage x-rays will be installed in the city’s three major checkpoints to intensify the inspection of people entering here.Col. Randolph Cabangbang, Task Force Davao deputy commander, said the checkpoints in Sirawan, Toril and Lasang will have two walk-in X-rays and one baggage X-ray each as part of the efforts to improve the city’s security and hasten the checking of the baggage of the passengers.
“It’s the latest. It has quadrants, two upper, and two lower. If you are keeping a metal, the closer quadrant will sound off. If the right quadrant will sound, we will go check your right pocket,” Cabangbang told reporters covering the weekly i-speak at City Hall yesterday.
He added that the X-rays would be helpful in the inspection for guns and other contrabands.
Currently, agents assigned at the TFD checkpoint are conducting manual inspection on all the passing commuters. This usually causes traffic congestion at the checkpoint.
He estimated around 1,500 vehicles passing through each checkpoint daily.
They are targeting to finish the installation of the x-ray before the Lenten Season.
Cabangbang assured the public that they are ready for their heightened augmentation for safety and security during the week-long observance of the Lenten Season.
The scanners have already arrived in the city and were tested during the Ironman70.3 Davao last March 22.
Darelle Kaye N. Peñol, Jireh Mae C. Saludar, and Winnie L. Gofulco/UM interns
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success