A man was apprehended in a joint checkpoint operation of the Task Force Davao and Toril police in Sitio Pajel, Barangay Sirawan, Toril District at 7:55 a.m. on April 3.The suspect was identified as Norman Omar Camarodin, 25, and a resident of Barangay Kalilangan, Balabagan, Lanao Del Sur.
According to the report, he was caught with one improvised glass tube tooter and drug paraphernalia containing meth residue while on board a passenger van from Kidapawan City.
Reportedly, the team noticed that the suspect appeared to be uneasy when he was submitting himself for inspection. They checked his shoulder bag where they found the contraband.
He was turned over to the Toril Police Station where he’s currently detained.
Meanwhile, Col. Consolito Yecla, the newly installed Task Force Davao commander, said, “Our personnel are well-trained in detecting even a small residue of drugs, how much more with a component of an improvise explosive device?”
While their mandate is counter-terrorism, he said they will continue to play support to the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency and the police in the government’s campaign against illegal drugs.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success