A man was apprehended in a joint checkpoint operation of the Task Force Davao and Toril police in Sitio Pajel, Barangay Sirawan, Toril District at 7:55 a.m. on April 3.The suspect was identified as Norman Omar Camarodin, 25, and a resident of Barangay Kalilangan, Balabagan, Lanao Del Sur.
According to the report, he was caught with one improvised glass tube tooter and drug paraphernalia containing meth residue while on board a passenger van from Kidapawan City.
Reportedly, the team noticed that the suspect appeared to be uneasy when he was submitting himself for inspection. They checked his shoulder bag where they found the contraband.
He was turned over to the Toril Police Station where he’s currently detained.
Meanwhile, Col. Consolito Yecla, the newly installed Task Force Davao commander, said, “Our personnel are well-trained in detecting even a small residue of drugs, how much more with a component of an improvise explosive device?”
While their mandate is counter-terrorism, he said they will continue to play support to the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency and the police in the government’s campaign against illegal drugs.
- Security forces support Baste leading RPOC XI
- Davao City jail opens mini-library
- Optimized security
- 3 arrested for drugs, unlicensed gun at checkpoint
- The New Channel: Always looking for the next highlighting its social advocacy, Global Women Who RULE 2023
- AirAsia Philippines records 95% increase in March bookings
- CDRRMO rates quake drill response at 8 or 9
- 174 PDLs test negative in random jail drug test
- UM founder to be honored by CPAs
- Classes canceled