A man was apprehended in a joint checkpoint operation of the Task Force Davao and Toril police in Sitio Pajel, Barangay Sirawan, Toril District at 7:55 a.m. on April 3.The suspect was identified as Norman Omar Camarodin, 25, and a resident of Barangay Kalilangan, Balabagan, Lanao Del Sur.
According to the report, he was caught with one improvised glass tube tooter and drug paraphernalia containing meth residue while on board a passenger van from Kidapawan City.
Reportedly, the team noticed that the suspect appeared to be uneasy when he was submitting himself for inspection. They checked his shoulder bag where they found the contraband.
He was turned over to the Toril Police Station where he’s currently detained.
Meanwhile, Col. Consolito Yecla, the newly installed Task Force Davao commander, said, “Our personnel are well-trained in detecting even a small residue of drugs, how much more with a component of an improvise explosive device?”
While their mandate is counter-terrorism, he said they will continue to play support to the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency and the police in the government’s campaign against illegal drugs.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories