A man was apprehended in a joint checkpoint operation of the Task Force Davao and Toril police in Sitio Pajel, Barangay Sirawan, Toril District at 7:55 a.m. on April 3.The suspect was identified as Norman Omar Camarodin, 25, and a resident of Barangay Kalilangan, Balabagan, Lanao Del Sur.
According to the report, he was caught with one improvised glass tube tooter and drug paraphernalia containing meth residue while on board a passenger van from Kidapawan City.
Reportedly, the team noticed that the suspect appeared to be uneasy when he was submitting himself for inspection. They checked his shoulder bag where they found the contraband.
He was turned over to the Toril Police Station where he’s currently detained.
Meanwhile, Col. Consolito Yecla, the newly installed Task Force Davao commander, said, “Our personnel are well-trained in detecting even a small residue of drugs, how much more with a component of an improvise explosive device?”
While their mandate is counter-terrorism, he said they will continue to play support to the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency and the police in the government’s campaign against illegal drugs.
- Man yields shabu at checkpoint
- Man nabbed for shabu
- ROUGH CUTS | Making success an election issue
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – DECEMBER 2, 2021
- Concepcion receives lifetime achievement award
- NCCC reopens Lupon branch
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – DECEMBER 1, 2021
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Laviña | Go’s withdrawal from race a `brave move’
- 150K vaccinees in 3 days eyed