A teacher was arrested inside the school campus around 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday after he was accused of rape.The suspect was identified as alias Danny (name withheld by TIMES), 31, a teacher of the Davao City National High School, and a resident of Buhangin District.
Major Melvin Joseph P. Violan, the officer-in-charge of the San Pedro Police Station, served the warrant on the suspect.
Danny was the subject of a complaint filed by a 21-year-old college student.
The complainant claimed that Danny raped her last year when he was still a part-time teacher of her school.
Hon. Judge Emmanuel C. Carpio of Regional Trial Court (RTC) Branch 16, recommended no bail for the suspect.
The suspect is now under the custody of the San Pedro Police Station for proper disposition.
Jessica Joy D. Adumduman/UM Intern
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success