A teacher was arrested inside the school campus around 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday after he was accused of rape.The suspect was identified as alias Danny (name withheld by TIMES), 31, a teacher of the Davao City National High School, and a resident of Buhangin District.
Major Melvin Joseph P. Violan, the officer-in-charge of the San Pedro Police Station, served the warrant on the suspect.
Danny was the subject of a complaint filed by a 21-year-old college student.
The complainant claimed that Danny raped her last year when he was still a part-time teacher of her school.
Hon. Judge Emmanuel C. Carpio of Regional Trial Court (RTC) Branch 16, recommended no bail for the suspect.
The suspect is now under the custody of the San Pedro Police Station for proper disposition.
Jessica Joy D. Adumduman/UM Intern
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021