A teacher was arrested inside the school campus around 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday after he was accused of rape.The suspect was identified as alias Danny (name withheld by TIMES), 31, a teacher of the Davao City National High School, and a resident of Buhangin District.
Major Melvin Joseph P. Violan, the officer-in-charge of the San Pedro Police Station, served the warrant on the suspect.
Danny was the subject of a complaint filed by a 21-year-old college student.
The complainant claimed that Danny raped her last year when he was still a part-time teacher of her school.
Hon. Judge Emmanuel C. Carpio of Regional Trial Court (RTC) Branch 16, recommended no bail for the suspect.
The suspect is now under the custody of the San Pedro Police Station for proper disposition.
Jessica Joy D. Adumduman/UM Intern
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | May be it’s time for the SP to probe
- Former NPA rebel pinpoints location of buried weapons
- Drug suspect killed during buy-bust
- Simulation exercise vs. terror inside public school a success
- City joins Lunhaw Expo
- Davao de Oro Police Office hailed as best in Davao Region
- 14 barangays declared free of illegal drugs
- UPDATED PROMISE | Official: Bulk water project to start operations in March
- MAD Talks presents: Sa Ngayon, Padayon