The Police Regional Office XI recorded a 31% decrease in the number of weekly crime incidents for the first three months of this year compared to same period in 2018.In the report of Brig. Gen Marcelo C. Morales, police regional director, based on statistics gathered from police blotters throughout the region, reported to Camp Crame that the crime volume totaled 42 for the period March 25-31, 2019.
“In totality, the average weekly crime incidence declined from 48 to 49 incidents per week on average compared to last year with 69-70 incidents per week,” Brig. Gen Marcelo C. Morales, police regional director, said.
Among the eight focused crimes, physical injury topped the list with 10 incidents this week. Second is theft with nine, robbery with seven, murder with five; rape with five, two homicides, and four incidents of stolen motorcycles. There was no reported case for carnapping.
Morales said the decline in crime can be attributed to proactive strategies, support of the community, and the PNP’s strict enforcement of local ordinances, “which we incorporated in the implementation of Oplan Dabaw Kalinaw in the region and other anti-criminality campaigns.”
Stricter implementation of the gun ban is also being carried out with 24/7 checkpoints and chokepoints.
In the past weeks, the PRO XI implemented a successful security plan on major events such as the 82nd Araw ng Davao, NPOC-RPOC meeting, PNP Command Conference, and the recent Alveo Ironman 70.3.
“I can assure you that we will continue to intensify our anti- criminality operations to safeguard the people and ensure the maintenance of peace and order in the region,” he said.
“Lasting peace and stability are what we need and in order to achieve it, we must be able to work together as one community and family.”
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories