An alleged big time drug pusher was arrested by the elements of Talomo police in a buy-bust operation conducted in Purok 25, Gardeña Street, People’s Village in Barangay Ma-a around 9 p.m. on Tuesday.The suspect was identified as Vergil Paloma alias Angkol, 40, tricycle driver, and a resident of Tarragona, Davao Oriental.
Major Ronald Lao, the Talomo Police Station commander, led the operation, in coordination with the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency XI.
Lao said they launched a buy-bust and agreed to buy half a kilo of suspected dried marijuana worth P12,000. Also seized from him were a Cherry phone, P420 in cash, Honda TMX, and the buy-bust money.
The drug evidence has an estimated street value of P60,000.
For now, the suspect and the recovered evidence are now in the custody of the Talomo police for proper disposition.x
- GUEST EDITORIAL | A tribute to Fr. Swamy
- PARADIGM SHIFT | A New Geopolitical Paradigm Between Iran and China
- ROUGH CUTS | We need to restrain our ‘horses’
- COVID vaccination hotlines to receive calls from seniors
- 5 NPA rebels surrender in SK
- 2 nabbed for illegal substances
- MEDICAL LEAVE | Mayor Duterte in Singapore
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 8, 2021
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 7, 2021
- NCCC offers more ways to shop online