The Davao City Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Inc. (DCCCII) is expecting a bigger Investment Conference (ICON) this year with the participation of foreign business chambers.Set on January 20-21, at the SMX Convention Center, the event is expected to generate more participants as foreign businesses groups have expressed their interest to join, said Arturo M. Milan, DCCCII president.
“The Davao Icon 2019 is organized by the DCCCII in cooperation with the foreign chambers in Davao namely, the European Chamber of Commerce of the Philippines, the Japanese Chamber of Commerce in Mindanao, the American Chamber of Commerce in Mindanao, and the Canadian Chamber of Commerce in Davao,” said Milan.
The European Chamber of Commerce of the Philippines has signed a manifesto to institutionalize its support to the Davao ICON 2019.
According to Milan, the conference is expected to be an “international investment conference.”
“Our theme is Davao: Your Southeast Asian Investment Destination,” he said, adding that another highlight of the event is the official announcement of the Qatar Airways of the Davao-Doha direct flight.
“This route will really help the European community here in Davao because normally Europeans fly through the Middle East to the Philippines,” Milan noted.
“This is really a welcome development to us because we now have a direct link not only to the Middle East businessmen but also to the European Community,” he added.
Milan also announced that dignitaries like the President Rodrigo Duterte and Alibaba founder Jack Ma are expected to attend the event.
“Subject to his availability, we are asking the help of the Chinese Consulate and other groups we know that have connections with Jack Ma,” Milan said.
Milan eyes the attendance of Ma as a boost to the promotion of Davao ICON 2019.
“This is really a great boost to the ICON because he is a figure in entrepreneurship. He is all over Europe, North America giving talks so he is really going to help encourage participation,” he said.
- Composite teams named for COVID vaccination program
- Marawi, Lanao Sur MSMEs to benefit from Plant Tissue Lab
- READY FOR JABBING | Almost 100% of 2,300 DCPO members willing to be vaccinated
- Over 500,000 identified for the vaccination priority list
- PARADIGM SHIFT | Why Is the Organization of Islamic Cooperation Silent on China’s Treatment of Uyghur Muslims When the United States Alleges Genocide?
- PNIA primed to boost nickel sector
- Choice Mart is now on foodpanda
- Public urged: Watch out for entities using games, franchise programs
- BDO offers QR Code withdrawals from select ATMs
- Your next best roommate could be a plant