The number of warehouses at the 63-hectare economic zone of the Anflo Industrial Estates (AIE) in Panabo City, Davao del Norte has increased from seven to 15.Last week, the Floirendo company inaugurated eight new warehouses as 11 of these have been occupied with more companies have expressed interest in locating in the economic zone, company official said.
Ricardo F. Lagdameo, Damosa Land Inc. vice president, said that most of the companies are into
manufacturing of plastic packaging for agricultural products and food processing.
“This (economic zone) has become very successful. Every time we build facilities, they get occupied very fast so want to build out more of them,” said Lagdameo, adding that part of the economic zone is the premier container terminal in Mindanao, the Davao International Container Terminal (DICT).
“It is a very big advantage because not all industrial parks are actually located right beside the container port. Logistics cost is very low,” he said, adding that the park can generate about 5,000 jobs with local residents as the ones who are priority to get employed.
Among the major plans for the industrial park is the establishment of cold storage facility as the feasibility study is expected to be completed this year.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission