The number of warehouses at the 63-hectare economic zone of the Anflo Industrial Estates (AIE) in Panabo City, Davao del Norte has increased from seven to 15.Last week, the Floirendo company inaugurated eight new warehouses as 11 of these have been occupied with more companies have expressed interest in locating in the economic zone, company official said.
Ricardo F. Lagdameo, Damosa Land Inc. vice president, said that most of the companies are into
manufacturing of plastic packaging for agricultural products and food processing.
“This (economic zone) has become very successful. Every time we build facilities, they get occupied very fast so want to build out more of them,” said Lagdameo, adding that part of the economic zone is the premier container terminal in Mindanao, the Davao International Container Terminal (DICT).
“It is a very big advantage because not all industrial parks are actually located right beside the container port. Logistics cost is very low,” he said, adding that the park can generate about 5,000 jobs with local residents as the ones who are priority to get employed.
Among the major plans for the industrial park is the establishment of cold storage facility as the feasibility study is expected to be completed this year.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories