Eight marijuana plants were uprooted by the Drug Enforcement Unit in Digos City Police Station in Sitio Mainit, Barangay Kapatagan this past Sunday.Maj. Jason Baria, the spokesperson of the Police Regional Office XI, said the farm was allegedly owned by Giovannie Dulay alias Ban-ban.
According to the report, at 10:20 a.m. on March 31, CDEU operatives and barangay officials went to the farm to verify the report that Dulay was planting marijuana in the area.
The suspect was not there when the team arrived. However, they saw the eight marijuana trees planted in a plastic bag and hidden in a field of a patch of carrots and potatoes.
According to Brig. Gen. Marcelo C. Morales, PRO XI regional director, “We received a tip from concerned individuals that the marijuana plants exist in the area and so we immediately launched the said police operation.”
“We will conduct a follow-up operation against the suspect since we have already identified him,” Morales said.
“We will file a case against him. We give due credit to the concerned citizens who reported the information,” he added.
The uprooted marijuana plants were submitted to the Davao Sur-Provincial Crime Laboratory Office in Digos City for the laboratory examination.
- Exec: Davao light spending P1.85-B in capex in 2021
- Microsoft unveils immersive education solutions to inspire educators in reimagining learning experiences
- Damosa, IWG unveil franchise partnership
- EDITORIAL | The community press today
- STATEMENT | Ending violence and ensuring jobs and rights for Filipina OFWs
- City In Photos
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Automatic writing
- Philippine Media Statement On the Anti-Terrorism Act of 2020
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- City In Photos