Eight marijuana plants were uprooted by the Drug Enforcement Unit in Digos City Police Station in Sitio Mainit, Barangay Kapatagan this past Sunday.Maj. Jason Baria, the spokesperson of the Police Regional Office XI, said the farm was allegedly owned by Giovannie Dulay alias Ban-ban.
According to the report, at 10:20 a.m. on March 31, CDEU operatives and barangay officials went to the farm to verify the report that Dulay was planting marijuana in the area.
The suspect was not there when the team arrived. However, they saw the eight marijuana trees planted in a plastic bag and hidden in a field of a patch of carrots and potatoes.
According to Brig. Gen. Marcelo C. Morales, PRO XI regional director, “We received a tip from concerned individuals that the marijuana plants exist in the area and so we immediately launched the said police operation.”
“We will conduct a follow-up operation against the suspect since we have already identified him,” Morales said.
“We will file a case against him. We give due credit to the concerned citizens who reported the information,” he added.
The uprooted marijuana plants were submitted to the Davao Sur-Provincial Crime Laboratory Office in Digos City for the laboratory examination.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories