Fifty houses were razed when a fire hit a community in Saypon, Barangay Crossing Bayabas, Toril District on Sunday night, the last day of the Fire Prevention Month.
Sr. Supt. Fred Trajeras, the director of the Bureau of Fire and Protection (BFP) XI, said the fire started at the house of Winnie Villamor in Purok 5 around 11:58 p.m. on Sunday.
Trajeras said an unattended candle reportedly caused the fire that immediately spread to nearby houses, which were mostly made of light materials.
Firefighters from Toril Fire Station and other volunteers responded to help in putting off the fire. It was declared fire out by the BFP an hour later.
The fire affected 54 families, eight sharers, six renters and three boarders, according to the City Social Services and Development Office (CSSDO)
The estimated damage reached P375,000.
The Bayabas incident is the 64th fire incident that hit the city during the Fire Prevention Month observed every March, which usually starts the summer season.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success