The City Treasurer’s Office (CTO) announced that it is extending the Real Property Tax (RPT) payment until June 30.The extension, approved during the plenary session of the city council last week, allows taxpayers to pay their first installment until the last day of June.
The filing of RPT was originally set from January until March 31 as stated under the Revenue Code.
“The first installment would be due on March 31, second would be (on) June 30, the third would be September 30 and the last would be December 30. Now, the first installment of March 31 has been extended up to June 30,” Erwin Alparaque, CTO head, said last week.
Alparaque said that even with the extension, taxpayers could still avail of the advanced and prompt discount payments of 10% or 20%. He also added that taxpayers will not incur interest or penalties who pay within the given date.
From the first day of January to March 25, the agency was able to collect about P500 million, or less than a third of its annual target of P1.7 billion.
“We are very confident that we could reach or even surpass the target of 1.7 billion if our real property tax payers will religiously pay their taxes,” Alparaque said.
Last year, CTO collected about P1.7 billion, bigger than their P1.58 billion target.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success