The City Treasurer’s Office (CTO) announced that it is extending the Real Property Tax (RPT) payment until June 30.The extension, approved during the plenary session of the city council last week, allows taxpayers to pay their first installment until the last day of June.
The filing of RPT was originally set from January until March 31 as stated under the Revenue Code.
“The first installment would be due on March 31, second would be (on) June 30, the third would be September 30 and the last would be December 30. Now, the first installment of March 31 has been extended up to June 30,” Erwin Alparaque, CTO head, said last week.
Alparaque said that even with the extension, taxpayers could still avail of the advanced and prompt discount payments of 10% or 20%. He also added that taxpayers will not incur interest or penalties who pay within the given date.
From the first day of January to March 25, the agency was able to collect about P500 million, or less than a third of its annual target of P1.7 billion.
“We are very confident that we could reach or even surpass the target of 1.7 billion if our real property tax payers will religiously pay their taxes,” Alparaque said.
Last year, CTO collected about P1.7 billion, bigger than their P1.58 billion target.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021